Part: 2 Chapter: 12

The truth is incontrovertible...
Malice may attack. Ignorance may deride it...
But in the end, there it is...

-Winston Churchill 

"And you said that the video was of someone being raped right? What if it's someone with no criminal record?" Liam asks as he types away on his laptop.

"Did you at least see the woman's face?" Rhyse asks.

"I didn't. I couldn't see any of their faces." Myles sighs. "But it was torture for sure, the girl was drunk... well unquestionably unconscious. He drugged her."

"And with what?"

"We have to find out." Myles says, "The girl is probably still walking around."

Liam spins around in his chair, "Guys what if-" He stops when he notices Myles reaching inside the tank of fish, "Don't touch my fish man! Your rodent, unhygienic hands could kill them!"

"It actually won't." Myles looks at him like he's an idiot. "My little brother has a fish tank of his own."

"Anyways, 'what if?' Finish your sentence, genius." Rhyse says, tossing the basketball in the air and catching it as he lays down on Liam's bed.

"What if that girl isn't from our school, but the dude involved is? Because if we saw a girl being raped, we'd probably notice immediately who it is. A depressed person."

"Unless the girl doesn't remember because as Mr. Sherlock Holmes said: She could have been drunk and unconscious if not drugged," Rhyse adds, sitting up now.

"Guys..." Myles starts, "Someone's here."

"How would you even come to that kind of conclusion?" Liam asks, finally standing up.

"Shush." Myles holds his finger to his lips as he stands, his eyes widen and he runs to the window, opening it fast. "WAIT!" He yells when he sees a black hooded person. He tries to jump out of the window, but before he does, the hooded person jumps off the roof and starts running down the road. "THE CAR!" Myles yells.

Rhyse and Liam rush to their feet and run out f the room behind Myles, all of them skipping and taking leaps down the stairs.

Rhyse frightens for a moment when he feels a cold hand on his arm. He's pulled back and he knows who it is immediately. "What are you doing here?" He hisses.

Liam's entrance door is open, "Are you coming?!" He asks.

"I left something! Turn your location on and I'll follow you guys." Rhyse says, pulls Tyler out of the shadows, and runs up the stairs back toward Liam's bedroom. He shuts the door behind him. "Why are you here?"

"You said you were here."

"How did you even get through the door and not get caught by his parents?"

She rolls her eyes and crosses her arms over her chest. "You already know how; I don't need to explain myself." She pulls out a knife, "Is it still the same? Did you try?"

"Woah! Woah," Rhyse holds both arms, "Chill. Where the fuck did you even get that knife from?!"

"The kitchen. Where else?"

"Wow, talk about being like a cat."

"Cats are creepy."

He sighs, "And surprising enough, I like cats." Then he looks at the knife, then back at Tyler. "You're not kidding?"

"You saw me by accident when I didn't even know it was happening. Now it's your turn since you're the one who told me about it."

"Fine, a small cut should be fine."