Part 2: Chapter 24

Her stomach throbbed so much she thought it was going to explode. To be exact, it felt like period cramps inside the stomach as if someone threw stones inside and it was pulling her down. Or something like long fingernail were sawing into her stomach tissue, trying to tear it apart.

She was squeezing her own stomach so hard with her own hands as she tossed and turned onto the hospital bed as they carried her into the emergency.

Myles was saying something to her, following her the entire way, but she could make no sense of her surroundings when she is in such tormenting pain. What was wrong with her? Did she eat something bad? Does she have allergies she'd just discovered?

She did not have the sanity in the moment to ponder about what could have caused such wretched pain.

All she knew was that this was not normal, and even if it was, it was probably serious than she would have guessed. 

She ruined everyone's little weekend runaway. She disturbed the holiday Rhyse and Leia's family were so eager to have together.

When she wakes up from the IV-inducing sleep, she's going to regret even agreeing to come to the trip with Leia. 

Carla was asleep from all that unbearable pain; she was fast asleep that she does not notice a sneaky like cat, walk into the room while she stayed unattended

"Carla, you awake?" Leia whispers as she slowly walks up to her unconscious friend's hospital bed. She reaches out to her shoulder, tapping her, "Carla?" Then shaking her a bit more, "You Awake?"

Her mission for herself was to make sure that Carla does not wake up and remains silent and asleep. Basically, half dead before she wakes up and kills Leia instead. Carla can be very scary at times. Most of the time.

Leia slaps her face lightly, "Carla?" She whispers, "Psst." Slapping her three times really fast. Leia takes a deep breath in before she raises the back of her hand in the air then lands it hard and fast on her cheek.

Carla inhales so suddenly and deeply that Leia gasps loudly and flinches away, holding up her arms in defense in case the creepy half-dead badass might attack her. The last time Leia remembered; Carla never sleepwalks. She talks in her sleep like a lunatic.

She simply groans in her sleep, probably because she's still in a bit of pain. Guess she still ha a little tummy ache-it wasn't going to kill her.

"Shit, thank God." Leia claps both hands together and kisses the tip of her fingers, pointing at the ceiling. Like a prayer.

She inches towards Carla's bag Myles brought in earlier with him for her. It was on the bedside table where the nurse's call button was. Leia rushes to the bag, unzipping it immediately, impatient, and eager to get her hands on that envelope.

"What are you doing?"

Leia stiffens, cursing under her breath when she hears Carla's voice. She lifts her head to look at Carla whose eyes are closed. "I'm not doing anything, Carla." Leia plainly answers like she really meant it. She squeezes her lips together, "This is just a bizarre dream you're having."