Part 2: Chapter 19

There are no coincidences,
just divine appointments...

-That Jacobs Boy  

"Do you know how many people had died from natural incidents last year? 13700 global. And 7600 were murders. Pretty skeptical if you ask me." Liam says to no one in particular.

"I don't want to deal with this early in the morning." He realizes without turning away from his laptop that his older sister was at the wide-open door, watching him already like she's totally disappointed in him. "Oh, God, please got to school." Blake sighs.

"But then they were all solved cases except 53% of the murdered cases. There was one just last night just around the love bridge harbor."

"I'm not gonna beg you." She walks inside.

"Okay, good." He stays focused onto his laptop. "I'm quite impervious to your influence anyways."

"Would you consider a bribe, then?"

"You can't ever meet my price." His fingers continue touch typing violently across the keyboard typing up a whole documentary on what he found on this site he illegally snatched from the police station.

"Extortion?"

He scoffs and shakes his head briefly once. "You got nothing on me."

A pause. "Yeah."

Then all of a sudden, his chair is being pulled away from his desk and he realizes that Blake is dragging his desk chair away from the table along with him.

"Hey, what are you doing?!" He stretches his body out and tries to keep typing. And he's completely pulled away, out of his room and down the hall. "Blake what are you doing?! I'm not done!"

And he's thrown off his chair. He sits up immediately. "Shit. I forgot to call Myles."

"Well, you can talk to him at school. Now get up." She leaves the room.

Liam watches her the entire time until she leaves." Twenty-two years old and she's still a bitch." He sticks his tongue out at her except she's completely gone. 

"One's an incident

"One's an incident. Two's a coincidence. Three's a pattern. Then what's four?" Myles asks as him and Liam both walk down the halls.

"You said you went to the scene last night." Liam reminds him. "Was she dead or alive."

"She was alive. It was stupid to assume she was dead." He stops at his locker and unlocks it, throwing his books inside, getting ready for the period after morning tea. "She took a benzodiazepine. Specifically, diazepam. Tough to get ones hands on that, you don't take it unless prescribed."

"Surprised she got it without being prescribed. But it's easier for adults." Liam scoffs. "Why would she commit suicide at love bridge harbor? Was she... on a date?"