Part 2: Chapter 20

Part of her mystery is how she is calm in the storm,

and anxious in the quiet...

-JmStorm  

Leia was here only because she seriously thought maybe she was right. Maybe there was something just really wrong with her. It's not like it would happen just once, it happened twice, but it could potentially happen on many occasions. She's losing her mind because everything seemed so real.

All she wants... Is a way to get rid of the immaculately clean and silent torture.

And surprisingly, it got worse the second time.

Someone takes a seat next to her, sighing. "I see you're here too."

"I see." She nods, only getting a glimpse of Rhyse as he leans his head back onto the wall.

"I'm here because my parents want regular check-ups on me." He says like she really needed to know.

"And I didn't ask." Leia casually pulls out her cherry pink gloss from her small bag, applying it to her lips. Rhyse was watching her the entire time... Like Why would she even need that right now?

"I thought it would be good for you to get a glimpse into the daily schedule I try so hard to hide."

"Mhm." She pops her lips twice to get it really pushed and glossy and spread onto her lips.

"You look like you're not the type to get detention or mental check-ups. And you're not from what I know. So, you are here for...?" Rhyse sounds a bit irritated, but he holds back a smile.

She pulls out her tiny pocket mirror. Turns to look up at Rhyse next to her slowly. She had a poker expression like she really didn't like this long conversation with him.

"I have an acute phobia of people prying into my personal life. You?" She looks back at herself into her mirror.

"I just... Told you..." He sighs, then shakes off a laugh to himself.

"You?" She repeats, dabbing a finger on her lips carefully, her lips were a bit too glossy, she could get in trouble.

Rhyse smirks as he states at Leia. "Compulsively drawn to cute but narcissistic girls."

Leia stops. Looks at Rhyse. Looks at her mirror and slowly slides all her things into her pocket. Then looks at Rhyse.

"Are you fucking with me right now, Rhyse?" She asks, turning in her seat to face him.

"It was just supposed to be a joke, dumbass." He rolls his eyes and crosses his arms over his chest, facing straight at the door to the counsellor's office.

The door opens, and Tyler walks inside towards the reception desk. Both Leia and Rhyse are watching her. "Good morning. These are the papers Ms. Rusha asked me to give to you." She hands the papers over to the lady sitting behind the reception, in front of the doors that lead to the principle, coordinator, and counsellor's office. She doesn't even see Leia when she leaves. She just noticed Rhyse, drops her head down like she was frustratedly dejected by something. It must be about their daily schedules of training themselves for their abilities. Tyler's invisibility and Rhyse's healing.

Leia looks at Rhyse who still had his head turns to the door Tyler just left.

"Don't tell me you have a crush on her." Leia suddenly says.

"No, I don't." Rhyse sighs as he faces front now, then his eyes widen, and he turns to Leia. "What the fuck?! I don't even like her!"

"Yeah, you gave her some sort of look."