Marry Me

He couldn't blame them for choosing a woman for him to marry, this is the only thing they've ever asked of him and he isn't ready to disappoint his children. It is normal for them to want to have a mother like every other kid out there.

His kids are stronger than normal kids but that doesn't mean that they don't feel vulnerable at all. Everything has a limit and so does their patience.

He would do anything for his twins just to see them smile, he wants them to have the best childhood most other kids have out there so if they want Scarlett as a mother so be it.

Tristan thought looking at his kids who were having a chat with her making her smile widely, her smile wasn't fake like the smile his previous girlfriends gave his kids.

Unlike his ex's fake smile, hers was genuine which reflected in her twinkling eyes. If I want to get her I would have to do it the other way round, he thought with a smirk.

"I will surprise you all," he muttered closing his laptop.

"What are you planning boy...?" his grandmother who saw his smirk asked him with interest.

"I can't tell you but you'll love it," he said with a grin on his handsome face.

"I hope it doesn't backfire," his grandmother replied.

"It won't backfire grandmother," he replied in a tone full of assurance.

"We will see about that," she muttered messing his hair slightly which made Tristan frown slightly.

He wasn't a kid anymore but his grandmother wouldn't stop messing up his hair whenever she got the chance.

Sigh, what would his employees think of him if they were to know that their aloof CEO is just a child in front of his family? he asked himself.

"Food is ready let's go have dinner," Tristian's mother said with a smile. The boys jumped down pulling Scarlett along with them making her laugh in amusement.

"Slow down big men, we don't want to sustain any injuries, do we....?" she said with a slight chuckle.

"Okay," they replied walking towards the chairs.

"Let's wash those hands first," she said leading them towards the sink in the dining room. She lifted Cyril and made him stand on the chair before squeezing the liquid hand-washing soap into his tiny hands, she helped him wash his hands under the running water she had opened.

She closed the tap and took some tissues to clean his hands before setting him back on the floor.

"Your turn," she said lifting Lucas and making him stand on the chair. She repeated the same process for him and herself. Everything she did was witnessed by Tristian and his family.

The boys would never listen to anyone about washing hands before eating, they would just say; "We'll be using cutleries when eating so there's no need for that" But today they listened to this young woman without any surprising protest.

She led them to the chairs and pulled out the chairs for them before lifting them onto them.

She then sat between them, took the beep, and wore it around their neck before picking some food onto their plates, she cut the steaks for them as well.

Both boys grinned cheekily making the others gapped at them, when was the last time this boy allowed someone to pick food for them....? the boys would never permit anyone to do that but here they were giving Scarlett all the privileges.

Tristian kept looking at his twins who were eating with a smile on their faces. He felt a bit jealous.

"Hmmph, I will get back at you," he muttered under his breath picking up his food. After everyone was done eating they watched the TV for a while before going to bed.

Scarlett escorted the boys to their room and put them to bed. She told them a bedtime story. She covered them with a blanket, put out the main light, and left one table lamp dimmed for them.

She saw Tristian leaning against his bedroom door with his eyes closed when she came out of the boy's room, she closed the door. Tristian who heard the door being shut opened his eyes and stared at her while walking towards her.

"Come with me," he said pulling her by the hand, his actions surprised her but she didn't protest and followed him into his study.

Tristian motioned for the confused Scarlett to sit on the couch which she did, he sat beside her looking at her intently.

"My kids like you a lot, they've never been attached to any woman after their mother abandoned them, you're the first person they've shown interest in," Tristian said but said the abandoned part in a sad tone that didn't go unnoticed by her.

Scarlett nodded in understanding not knowing where the conversation was going. She didn't know why he was telling her all this She had a feeling he was going to drop a bomb soon which he did.

"Marry me,' he said not wanting to beat around the bush.

Scarlett who heard him looked at him in shock, who would marry a stranger on their first encounter besides she had just been abandoned by her groom and now a stranger wanted her as a wife, what a cruel joke.

Thinking of what happened during her wedding she stood up angrily walking towards the door but Tristian held her hand preventing her actions making her turn to look at him with a blank gaze.

The look in her eyes was something he had never seen before. "I will treat you right," he said to her gently. "I will never hurt you, I'll give you anything you want," he added holding her other hand.

"Anything...?" she asked with a raised brow after thinking for a while. "Anything," he replied.

"I want your love, if you can give me that then I would be satisfied," she told him emotionlessly.

She's a straightforward person, she doesn't want to be in a loveless marriage for the rest of her life, someone might think she is desperate for love but the truth is far from that.

Tristian looked at her in surprise, okay, he said anything but he never thought that was what she wanted, he thought she would ask for money or any other materialistic things but not his love.

"Three months, if you can't love me within three months we will sign divorce papers," she added looking up at him.

"Deal," Tristian said in agreement. As it is now, he doesn't have any woman to give his heart to so why not give it to the woman in front of him...?he thought silently.

"But you're mine from this moment until then, he said hooking an arm around her waist possessively. The look in his green eyes was intense. No man has ever held her like the way he did at that moment.

"Okay," she muttered in agreement as well. "Good, we will go to the Civil Bureau Affairs tomorrow morning," he said taking a strand of hair behind her ear which she nodded at.

"Umm, what about your family, wouldn't they be mad at you for marrying a stranger...?" she asked leaking her lips nervously.

They like you so that's not a problem, he replied escorting her out of the study. It's late to go to bed, he said stopping at her doorstep.

"Good night," she said and entered the room without waiting for his answer.

Tristian sighed in relief softly before entering his bedroom, everything that had happened had taken a toll on him but at least something good came out of it.

************
I can see that people are reading this book but aren't voting which is very sad, it's sad knowing you're entertaining people but they aren't encouraging you which is making feel as if I'm not doing my best but anyways I love 💞💞💞you all even if you don't, 😥😥😥.

Your vote and comment are my source of encouragement so please do vote, comment,  and share