Red Is My Favourite

After having a heartwarming conversation with Ezekiel, Tristian, Scarlett and Jaden left. Leonardo, Lucio and Ricardo follow after about twenty minutes. Serine and Cole were the last people to leave.

Leaving behind Ezekiel and his family. As Violet was still asleep, she wasn't aware that her husband was awoke now. Dante and Enzo sat at either side of their father in an armchair.

"When did you come back?" Ezekiel asked looking at Dante with raised brows.

"The previous morning" Dante replied softly. He was regretting not coming back earlier than this. He would have known that his family wasn't doing well.

"Retirement?" Ezekiel asked with raised brows.

"Yeah, retirement" Dante confirmed with a smile.

"That's good. We could spend some time together as a family when the doctor discharged me from here" his father said looking at his wife who was still asleep.

"And Enzo what have you been up to and how've you been doing?" Ezekiel asked his second son. He was worried about his well-being as he was still too young in a harsh society.

"I've been doing well. And I was doing my intern at Scarlett's company but I was recently promoted to being the personal assistant for her company's current CEO. My salary have also been raised, an official car and house was also given to me" Enzo replied with a smile. Ezekiel's eyes turned glassy hearing everything his sons have achieved during the time he was in unconscious. He hasn't thought in a millions time that his sons would achieve so much with their own hard works.

"It feels like yesterday but you are both grown ups now, and independent ones at that. I'm very proud of both of you and I'm sure your mom is also proud you both" Ezekiel said wiping his unshed tears. He was indeed proud of his sons achievements and he was glad that all that he went through paid off but he also knows that Dante wouldn't give up the company he and his late wife had build.

And even he would support him, he wouldn't leave the only thing that his late wife and him achieved to go into a stranger's hands, well not totally a strangers but that family wasn't friendly.

"Thanks Dad but you know that no matter how old we becomes, you will still be our old man" Enzo said, knowing that, Dante also wanted to say the same thing. Ezekiel smiled at that.

"Dad, I'm paying them a visit a tommorow. They've bitten more than they can chew already. I will need access to the company's every information. The contracts, financial state of the company and so on" Dante said with a chilly tone. He was mad at the orderscity of his maternal family.

"Okay. You can contact Miles to bring everything. Although he's working there, he's still loyal to me but they don't know since he chooses to work with them without telling me his plan first" Ezekiel replied with a chuckle.

Miles was an unpredictable man but he was loyal than any of his friends. That is why Ezekiel loves him a lot. He was like a brother to Ezekiel. Miles was from a middle class family and he values loyalty and trust as that was how he was brought up.

"What plan?" Enzo asked curiously. Even Dante wanted to know as well. They all knew who Miles was. Miles was a man of few words but stern and dangerous. He is an ex military commander. Although he was good at what he did, he retired early. He was Dante's inspiration. Ezekiel smiled with sad eyes. The memory was one of his worst and good memories.

**Flashback**
Monday-  14th November 2023

The weather was a bit chillier today as it was the second week of November, the leaves and branches has started drying. Some leaves has fallen due to the dryness, they've weakened and has no strength to hold onto the beaches any longer.