Devious Twins

****Two and a half month later****

Tristian was in the ward with his wife as he kept typing on his computer furiously. It been exactly two and, a half months since Scarlett slipped into coma, yet there's no sign of her improvement or even waking up, at this point, Tristian was simply exhausted, he has lost all his energy and strength and the boys are becoming a shell of themselves these days. He has run out of words of comfort for the boys, he himself isn't reassured anymore so how could he reassure the children, it will simply be lying if he says anything to them.

If not for his mother in-law, he would have been a mess from hair to toe, Serine has been that stubborn to the extent that if Tristian doesn't sleep she takes away his laptop and phones to her home, sometimes it lasts for days until he does as she said before she returns it. Sometimes he looks at himself in the mirror and he doesn't believe he's the same man. Everything is simply out of his control, his younger brother, Jaden has been helpful to him. He is acting as the CEO of their company and overlooking everything that is going on with it, as Jaden is capable so he doesn't have to worry about anything going wrong, Jaden Azreal Zwicks is playful but stern when it comes to work. He doesn't condone nonsense at work place, if he says "yes" you better do his "yes" but if he says "No" better do his"No" and he would be cool with you but Tristian isn't like him.

For Tristian, he's strict, cold and even ruthless. He doesn't have the time to keep repeating himself over the same thing. He doesn't smile when he's the CEO although he respects and loves his workers but he wouldn't tell them that because most workers would never respect you if you treat them like family or friends which is why his word is "the law", notice the emphasized on the law.

At home Tristian is lovely, that side is only for his love ones, his family to be precise and his passionate side for his wife only, it only his kids who are bold enough to scold him until Scarlett walked into his life but his children loves him, from his ruthlessness to his soft side, they loves every side of him, besides who wouldn't, the world knows your dad is ruthless so they would never dare mess with you in the wrong way.

The door to the ward cricked opened causing Tristian to stop typing, turning to look at the entrance, he saw Ricardo walked up to where he was sitting, with rubber bags in his hand.

"Hey bro, how are doing?" asked Ricardo after setting down the rubber bag which contains plastic bowls of breakfast.

"I guess I'm fine. I mean I'm breathing so it's good," Tristian replied closing his laptop after saving the file while Ricardo shook his head in disagreement.

"She would wake up. I dreamt about her last night which I don't normally do, she would wake up, I can feel it. I know it might sound weird but it is what I feel. You should take care of those zombie eyes and bear before she wakes up otherwise you're in for a long lecture," Ricardo said as he patted his brother-in-law's shoulder. Tristian looked at the young man with doubt but Ricardo didn't try explaining any further as he begin to bring out the transparent plastic bowls.

The door opened again and this time it was Jaden, Cyril and Lucas who walked in, the kids smiled brightly as they saw their father and uncle, Tristian and Ricardo looked at each other in confusion but they didn't say anything as the kids walked towards the pale figure laying on the bed, Cyril press the intercom while Lucas kept tapping his feet impatiently. The three men watched the boys in confusion.

"Dad go take your shower and shave, please," Cyril said pointing at the bathroom door.

"Why?" Tristian, Ricardo and Jaden asked with curiousity and confusion clear in their tone.

"Because, you wouldn't want Mom to see you in that state," Lucas replied as doctor Erickson and two nurses walked into the ward.

"Good morning doctor, please check mom and take of the oxygen mask. She's improving but I doubt you checked that," Cyril said as he took Scarlett's hand while everyone including the nurses jaws hit the floor.

"It isn't time for her check-up yet," the young doctor said taking a look at his wrist watch but the boys weren't having any of that.

"Do as my brother says," Lucas says in an annoyed tone snapping everyone from their shock. Nodding, the doctor checked the young woman and was surprised. He rubbed his eyes as he took another look at her skin colour.

"How did you know?" He asked as he continued to take the patient's vitals.

"Because she's our mother," the boys replied with a shrugged of their tiny shoulders as a look of understanding crossed Ricardo's face. Tristian and Jaden were just confused, they don't really know what the others were talking about. They kept looking at the kids and doctor with furrowed brows as if to asking them "what is going on?"

"Dad aren't you going to take a shower and shave?" Lucas asked walking towards his father with a sigh of helplessness as if he was talking to a three year old child who refused to do as a mother said.

"The patient is improving, infact her vitals are back to normal and her breathing as well. She might wake up within a few hours to a day," the doctor explained to them causing Tristian and Jaden jaws to hit the floor. Jaden understood why the kids wanted him to bring them to the hospital this early, they went as far as pouring ice water on his face in bed when he had refused to do what they desire. Devious twins, he would pay them back, he had thought when he was in in the shower in the that morning but now that he knows why he's no longer offended.

After the doctor left, Tristian was still in shock, goodness he thought it would have taken her years to get back to normal but somehow it didn't got to that which he's grateful for. "Mom came to pay us a visit, she said she was fine and she would wake up in a day or few hours, that was why we came here," Lucas explained as he played with his father's index finger.

"Eat and go take a bath. Uncle will help trim your hair and you will get enough sleep before she wakes up. We don't want to get her worried, do we?" Cyril said sitting beside Ricardo while Jaden chuckle softly, in disbelief, he sometimes wonders if this is truly Tristian Adrian Zwicks, because the one he knows doesn't allow anyone to say what he should do and shouldn't do. Jaden and Ricardo watched amusingly as Tristian ate before walking into the bathroom to do as the boys said.

"You will have to show me how to do that whenever he's acting stubborn," Jaden mumbled causing both kids to laugh. After Tristian took his shower, his younger brother gave him a nice haircut, he also shaved his long bear off, he looked almost like his old self but with the dark circles under his eyes.... the boys weren't satisfied so Cyril beckoned him to come. Tristian sighed as he walked towards his son with tiredness and helplessness.

"You young man, need a long nap," Cyril said mimicking his maternal grandmother, Serine's tone, the others burst into laughter after hearing his words and tone.

#Tris-Scar. If you are enjoying this book don't forget to;

Vote

Comment

And

Share. Please don't be a silent reader, show appreciation through votes and comments. Love you all 😘❤️