New Beginings

She could get used to this routine, she thought with a smile
After assisting the boys with bathing, she dressed them up in their respective uniforms before grabbing their backpacks.

"Let's go to the other room," she said guiding them out and into her and her husband's bedroom. Tristian wasn't in bed when they entered the room.

Scarlett set down the backpacks while the boys sat on the bed. She made her way to the walk-In-closet to get dressed, and as she entered the closet she saw Tristian buttoning up his shirt with a smile on his lips.

"Good morning," she greeted as she walked past him to look for something to wear. 

"Good morning pretty," Tristian replied as he fixed his tie.
After fifteen minutes the couple came out of the closet, Tristian was wearing all black except his white shirt while Scarlett was wearing black jeans trousers,  a white T-shirt, and a pair of black combat boots with her hair in a low ponytail.

Tristian looked at his twins who were dressed in their school uniforms neatly with surprise, he never thought that was why she was up so early.

"If your employees were to see their mighty CEO gapping at his twins like this, they would surely have a heart attack," Cyril commented with an amused chuckle while Lucas and Scarlett laughed at his joke.

Tristian snapped out of it after he heard their laughter, his kids look different from previous days when they go to school with a dark aura, making them unapproachable to others but today they have this welcoming aura in which they look different and warm, he walked towards his kids with a new found hope, at first he had lost hope of his boys ever having a bright future but seeing their smiles, his hope was renewed.

"How are my men doing," Tristian asked as he sat between them.

"We're fine," they replied as they snuggled into his sides while he gave them a side hug.

Scarlett grabbed her cell phone and snapped a picture which she used as her screen-saver with a smile.
The family of four came downstairs and went into the dining room to have their breakfast which was still warm thanks to the cook, the rest of the family was in the dining room when they arrived, so without a waist of time they sat down and began eating.

"This meal is not prepared by Auntie Marie," Lucas commented which everyone agreed with because the meal tastes different and too good, they are not saying that Auntie Marie's food tastes bad but it is just that the food wasn't cooked because of professional reasons but because the person has prepared it with love.

Auntie Marie who brought a jar of water noticed the confused faces of her employers and immediately knew it was about the food on the dining table.

"I wasn't the one who prepared the breakfast, it was the young madam. She was done with everything when I came this morning," Auntie Marie answered their unanswered questions before going back to the kitchen while every heard snapped towards Scarlett in shock. They never had it in mind that she could cook. Scarlett's cheeks flamed in embarrassment as she felt their gaze on her.

"Eeerrrmm, the food would get cold," she stated causing them to laugh lightly as they knew she was trying to cover her embarrassment.

After breakfast Scarlett grabbed the car keys from the driver and told him to take the day off which made the driver happy, at least he could spend some time with his family.

After driving for ten minutes, Scarlett willed the car to a stop in front of the opened gate of the school. She dismounted the car and opened the door for Cyril while her husband did the same for Lucas, opened the trunk of the car, and took out two mini bags of different colors as Tristian and the twins looked on with confused eyes.