Godfather

The words of the young man kept ringing in Scarlett's head for a while. She took a deep breath as she massage her temple in distress while Enzo head was bowed in shame and disgrace. Although it wasn't his fault, he still felt like everything was his fault. He has never admitted to anyone that he was in debt because of his father.

Don't get him wrong though, he loves his father and nothing was his fault. His father made sure he was enrolled in the best of schools, from pre-school to the best of colleges but just when he has made it, everything came crushing down.

"Why are you in debts?" Scarlett asked curiously. No matter how she thought about it, she could wrap her head around the fact that this young boy would be in such situation. He doesn't look like a drug addict so she wonders what could have put him in such dire situation.

"My mom died when I was five. They had a small company but after her death, her family used every means to take away the company from my dad just after he made it flourish. But he never told me about it, he took me to the best of schools and I happily graduated college but what I didn't know was that he lend huge amounts of money from his ex-business partners and friends to pay for my fees and tuition.

He was also working his ass off at the same company since the family made sure he never got a job outside the company. The day after my graduation, I found him beaten in front of our home with bruises and gaursh all over in and to make matters worst he has leukemia. He has been lying in the hospital for six months now, in coma," Enzo told the CEO with glassy eyes. The memories were too painful for him to relieve.

Scarlett stood up and walked around the desk, she stood between the table and the the boy before pulling him into her arms, rubbing his back in a comforting manner. " It okay to cry," she whispered blinking back her tears. Seconds later, painful sobs broke through the boy as he hugged her tightly.

The amount of pain in his sobs was breaking Scarlett's heart as tears run down her cheeks. She felt sympathy for the boy, she couldn't imagine what he has been going through yet he always makes sure he was at work early and on time.

After thirty minutes of all the crying, his cries turn into whimpers and hiccups. Scarlett took a tissue paper and wiped the boy's face clean. "It okay, everything will be fine," she said to him holding his face between her hands gently as her thumb caressed his cheeks.

"I'm not sure it would, I lost a mother and now I might lose a father to because the doctor's said they couldn't find a dona to donate him a bone marrow because his are weaker and his blood group is rare," Enzo said shaking his head. He didn't believe that everything would be fine but something in him wants him to believe his boss lady.

"Trust me, Enzo. He will be fine, with me here you have nothing to worry about," Scarlett said firmly and the boy nodded weakly.

"Which hospital admitted your father?" She asked taking her cell phone.

"Christ's Healing Hospital," he replied leaning back as Scarlett punched in a string of numbers before placing the call on speaker and turned her computer around and started typing sometime on it after sitting down. The call connected on the first ring.

"Hello," a male's voice broke through the line.

"Hey sweetheart, can you please call Ricardo and his brothers to meet me at the address I will send you?" Scarlett asked still wrapping up what she was doing before her accident.

"Of course, is everything okay?" Enzo heard the male asked worriedly.

"Everything is good. If you're not busy, you can meet me there as well," she assured with a smile while Enzo heard the man sighed in relief.