-14-

•[Queen of the Court]•

Kenma wiped her tears. "Hey, it's alright. You want to leave?" He asks quietly. Y/N nodded.

"I can't face him, not now." She whispers, holding his arms. Kenma glanced at Kageyama and the boy's pained expression was very evident.

"How could you do this?" Kageyama finally asks. It was low and his voice cracked at the end, making his pain known.

"All I wanted was for us to talk about what happened. I just wanted to understand everything and have you know that it was fine." He begins.

"I didn't even care about the broken knee at first but when you just up and left with no explanation and not even a sorry is when I cared. Have you any idea what I went through?!"

Kenma watched as Kageyama took a step forward. He winced upon doing so and stopped.

"You broke my knee Y/N!" He reminds.

"Don't you think I know that?!" She retorts, shoving Kenma away. Thunder sounded, the rain getting heavier than before.

"Then why didn't you just talk to me? All I wanted was to fucking talk and you ran away!"

"Because I didn't want to hurt you anymore. Why can't you understand that?!" She sobs. He scoffs, a comical smile reaching his features. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"You ran off to Nekoma and you're now pretending that nothing happened? You play games nights on end and couldn't send me a simple, "I'm sorry"?! You broke my heart too Y/N, and that shit hurt way more than a fucking kick to the knee."

Tears now mixed in with rain water streamed down her face. Sobs echoed and thunder shook around them all, with the sounds of the clash of lightening.

"I was in the hospital for two weeks." He whispers. "Two, dreadful weeks dealing with two different types of pain. And all I wanted was to talk to the girl I fell in love with." He confesses. Kageyama's eyes ventured to Kenma.

"But now I see that you've moved on...I hope you're happy."

Kenma watched as Kageyama limped his way back inside of the building. Everyone else had been watching the scene under the cover of the arcade's outside roof.

Tsukishima walked over and Yamaguchi tried to stop him, but of course he couldn't stop him. Tsukishima glanced at Y/N who's still crying and glared.

"He played in pain despite what the doctors said. He's more frustrated, uncoordinated, and all because he wanted a simple talk. And now that he's got it...who knows how he'll play. You destroyed yet another players life. First a spine and then a knee...who knows what else the Queen of the Court is capable of."

With that, Tsukishima walked off and soon everyone else began to leave in silence.

"I'm sorry, Y/N." Yamaguchi whispered before he took his leave. He was the only one that said anything, the rest couldn't find their words.

Kageyama came limping out with his bag slung on his shoulder. Kenma watched him limp off, not saying a word as he passed them.

However, Kenma noticed his expression. That same pained expression mixed in with frustration. It was more intense than he thought it was going to be.

The fact that Y/N kicked him in his knee and it broke. Exactly how'd that happen? He wants to ask, but he knows that now is not the time.

It eventually got quiet, only Y/N, Kuroo and Kenma being the ones left outside. Y/N got up from the floor, and wiped her eyes, sniffling and huffing.