-16-

•[Cheater]•

Stroking himself faster Kuroo came right after. His head hit the pillow and he exhaled.

"Fuck." Kuroo felt terrible for doing something as stupid as this. After catching himself he reached over for a few wipes. Kuroo cleaned himself off and just laid there.

"Mei are you alright?! I got here as soon as I heard the news from Kenma!"

Mei gazed at the boy and nodded. "Yeah Kuroo, I'm fine." She smiled faintly as he eased closer to the bed.

"Are you really paralyzed?" He asks softly. Mei cleared her throat and wiped a sudden tear.

"Y-yeah. They said I fell so hard on my tailbone that it caused a chain reaction up to my spine. I wouldn't...I wouldn't be able to play volleyball anymore." She explains, breaking into a sob.

Kuroo balled his fist. "What the hell happened out there? H-how'd this happen?"

After a minute of sobbing she finally found words to explain. "That bitch...Y/N L/N, or the Queen of the Court as they call her. She...she gets so competitive that it becomes scary to play with her. She only pushed me because I stole her set."

He knew that name sounded familiar. Crazy how he'd forget a name like that after two years. Then again, Y/N doesn't look like the person to literally hurt someone and ruin their career.

She's nice and she mostly keeps to herself, kind of like Kenma. Or maybe that's why she never wanted to join in the first place. Maybe her being emotional and weary of the sport is because of what she did.

Kuroo exhales. "Queen of the Court." Kuroo sat up and grabbed his phone from his bedside drawer. He laid back down, fixing the pillow under his head.

He knows that Kenma is going to talk to her tomorrow but he wants to ask her why or how she feels after knowing she did something like that. Exactly how dangerous is she?

Kuroo decided to call Y/N and waited. He likes her, but she's the one who paralyzed Mei, and not only that Kenma likes her. And on top of that she broke Kageyama's knee.

Kuroo pinched his eyes closed and groaned. It was all frustrating to think about. Kuroo was about to hang up after the third ring but surprisingly, she answered.

"Hello?"

"Y/N...hey."

There was a moment of silence. "What do you want? It's nearly three in the morning." She informs.

"I know I just...missed you is all." He heard a scoff on the other end and he placed his bets on her rolling her eyes.

"I only answered you because I thought my mom was calling."

"Didn't look at your phone?"

"Playing games." She responds. He nods.

"Makes sense." It got quiet between them and Kuroo could hear the game in the background. It reminded him of he and Kenma's later night calls.

Most of the time he'd be trying to convince Kenma to take his ass to bed, but of course nothing works. Kenma just loves to have his own way, especially when it comes to his games.

"Are you alright with talking about what happened?" He finally asks. A heavy exhale followed after his statement and he knew he touched a nerve.

"I've got to go."

"No, let's talk about it. It may help take a bit of weight off your shoulders." He quickly adds. Another exhale on the other end.

"I don't want to talk about it. It's embarrassing enough." She mumbles. Kuroo began playing with the ends of his hair as he listened.