-17-

[I Like You]•

The next day came and Kenma and Kuroo are sitting on the bench eating lunch. Y/N was not to school today and it made Kenma worry. Kuroo wasn't that worried since he spoke to the girl the night before.

He knew it was wrong to do so since he knows Kenma likes her and she likes him but...only for a moment.

"She's going to be fine." Kuroo finally says. Kenma sighed, rolling the pencil he had balancing on his nose into his hand. He glanced back at Kuroo who's leaning between the benches, gazing at the field in front of them.

"What about you?" Asks Kenma. Kuroo shrugs. Kenma got up and sat beside his friend. Kuroo shot him a glance, his heart skipping a beat.

Why is it that he's like this? Kuroo could only wonder. He doesn't get why he's feeling this way for both Y/N and Kenma.

"You should tell your dad you knew."

"He's going to hate me."

"No he won't, you were young, Kuroo and it's obvious your mom is the only problem here. He'll understand."

Kuroo sighs. "I don't want to face them right now. Especially her. She'll try to baby me and I don't want that."

"Fuck her, she's a fucking-" Kenma stopped himself. Kuroo grinned and shook his head.

"I'm sorry." Kenma whispers. Kuroo clenched and uncleaned his jaw.

"It's fine."

"She's your mom, it's not my place."

Kuroo itched the back of his head and hummed. "Hmm, still haven't met your dad?"

"Oh fuck you."

Kuroo burst into laughter and Kenma grinned. Kenma never met his dad, it was only ever he and his mom. The both of them had no money but Kenma became their provider after his gaming channel skyrocketed.

"And now we're even. Dead beat dad and...a whore mom."

Kenma shook his head with a grin and it got silent. It was a comfortable silence. Kenma exhaled a breath, thinking of Y/N.

"She seems so innocent," he begins softly. "Like she couldn't hurt a fly even if she wanted to."

"Well it's always the quiet ones you need to look our for."

He exhales. "Yeah but...four eyes provoked her."

"You think Tobio did the same when she broke his knee?" Silence. "Yeah, can't justify that now can we?"

"No..."

Again it got quiet and Kenma gazed at rhe field. His eyes then landed on someome making their way out of the door. When he noticed who it was he was shocked, and then his nervousness set in.

It's Y/N.

Kenma and Kuroo exchanged a glance before they returned their gaze to the girl. Y/N made her way closer to them and took a seat next to Kenma.

Kenma gazed at her and she looks oddly at ease. However, school is almost out and he's not sure if her showing up this late was worth it.

"Hey Y/N." Kuroo hails with a smirk. She exhales, leaning back, propping her elbows onto the bench behind her as her stare never left the field.

"Hi Kuroo." She simply responds. Again Kuroo and Kenma share a glance and Kuroo shrugged.

"H-hi." Kenma blushes.