Chapter One

Chapter One | Tick Tick Boom

Date 📆 June 2023

A year later, Fahayra believed Joe was back to his old self but that was a lie. Recently, he was acting up again. Fahayra was over it at this point. So, Fahayra decided to play private investigator and followed Joe to a house that Fahayra did not recognize.

"You've got to be joking," Fahayra said as she got out of her car. She ran up the driveway just as Joe exited the car and immediately shook her head when she saw Joe's ex-girlfriend come out to greet him with a young girl behind her.

Galina stopped in her tracks as fear takes over her body. Joe furrowed his eyebrows in confusion before turning to see what made her stop walking.

"Surprise! What the fuck did I tell you?" Fahayra asked Joe as she popped him in the mouth before he could say anything.

At that moment Joe knew he was screwed. Fahayra was going to murder him and he would lose everything.

"You want to cheat on me, huh? Well, you and this bitch got me fucked up!" She exclaimed as she tried to run up to and hit Galina but Joe grabbed her.

"Fah, calm down!" Joe shouted as he struggled to hold her back.

"Fuck you, let me go!" Fahayra screamed as she tried to get out of Joe's hold.

"Joelle, go in the house," Galina quickly tells her daughter.

Joelle rushed inside the house but went to the nearest window to watch the drama unfold.

"Calm down. Let me explain," Joe said.

"No, I fucking asked you and you lied to me. I don't want to hear shit from you!" Fahayra shouted.

"Joe...the neighbors," Galina said as she didn't want the neighborhood in their business.

Joe shakes his head as he throws Fahayra over his shoulder and carries her inside the house. How the fuck was he going to explain all of this?

"Put me down, I'm taking you to the cleaners, baby, and you will never see me again, do you hear me?" Fahayra asked him as he places her on her feet inside the house. "You ain't shit, Joe," She told him.

"Joe just tell her," Galina said.

"Bitch don't speak, matter of fact, do me a favor and walk out of this room before I lose the little bit of self-control I have and beat your ass," She said, glaring at Galina.

Galina took a step back and looked at Joe.

"Joe talk to her," Galina told him.

"What?! Speak up, motherfucker!" She exclaimed.

Joe rubbed the nape of his neck in nervousness and a little bit of fear.

"Joe," Galina repeated.

"Stop talking," Joe tells Galina.

"Start talking. How long has this been going on?" She asked them as she looks between them.

Galina started speaking once she realized Joe wasn't going to say anything to Fahayra.

"We've been on and off for years. Joelle is his daughter. She's fourteen. We also have a son, Holt, and he's about three years old. And we're expecting twins," Galina said.

"Fourteen years?" She shouted.

Fahayra squeezed her eyes shut. As much as she wanted to beat Galina up. She was pregnant so she decided to focus on Joe.

"Y- yeah," Joe stuttered.

"Come here, I'm about to beat your ass!" She sprinted to him, causing him to run out of the room as she picked up a vase and throws at his head. "Get your ass here, Leati Joseph Anoa'i!" She shouted.

Joe shook his head.

"I swear to God, I will kill you, Joe," She said.

Now she knew why he was so distant. He had a second family.

"I'm so sorry. I promise you I ended things with her months ago. I'm just here for my kids," Joe said as he decided to face Fahayra.

"I don't give a fuck. Fourteen years, Joe... I told you... You know my childhood, what my mother and I went through with my father, and you went did the same shit as my father," She said, breaking down in tears.

"I'm so sorry, baby, I'm sorry," Joe said.

"I'm so broken. I'm so weak, I can't even deal with it," She said as she let the situation sink in.

"We can work through this," Joe tells her.

"No, we can't," She said.