Chapter Six

Chapter Six | Sisters No Matter Part Two

Date 📆 June 2023

Fahayra parks and exits her car and struts into the restaurant.

"Welcome to Ascot. Table for one or will someone be joining you?" The hostess asked Fahayra.

"Hi, no they're already here," Fahayra answered as she pointed to the table where her aunt and sisters were sitting at. "I see my girls over there," She added.

"Okay, enjoy your meal," The hostess tells Fahayra as she walks away.

Fahayra walks toward the table. Everyone at the table greets her with hugs and kisses on the cheek.

"Hello, is anyone sitting here?" She asked her aunt Evodia.

"No, sit right here," Evodia answers as she moves her purse so Fahayra can sit down.

"How have you been?" Kandi asked Fahayra.

"I've been good. I'm finally done with being angry and now I've accepted that he did me dirty so I'm just trying to make sure my kids and I are good before I file for divorce," Fahayra answers.

"Are you seriously going to divorce Joe?" Thairys asked Fahayra.

"Yup, I do not trust him. Why be with someone who you cannot trust?" Fahayra replies.

Kandi frowns.

"Damn, I thought you guys would have tried to make it work," Kandi said.

Fahayra rolls her eyes.

"Kandi, I've been making it work for the last few years and he straight up ignored me and had a second family. I'm not dealing with his shit no more," Fahayra said before she paused to keep herself from getting angry. "Can we order some food? I'm hungry," She said as she waves over to a nearby waiter.

The waiter comes over.

"Yes, what can I get for you today?" The waiter asked.

Fahayra smiles.

"Hi, yes, I would like the bourbon street stick with sautéed mushrooms, onions, mashed potatoes, and garlicky green beans and for my drink, I would like a kombucha mixed with sparkling water, thank you," Fahayra told the waiter.

Everyone else orders their meals.

"Alrighty, those will be out shortly," The waiter tells them before walking away.

"Fahayra, I think you guys should go to therapy before you completely give up on your marriage," Catya suggests to Fahayra.

"Yeah no," Fahayra said.

"Fahayra now I'm not saying what he did was right but are you that okay with ending your relationship of twenty years without at least seeing if you guys can work things out?" Evodia asks Fahayra.

Fahayra rolls her eyes.

"Do not make me feel bad for wanting a divorce when this man cheated on me for fourteen years, and had kids with this woman while making me feel less like a woman in our marriage. You don't think I didn't try to make it work with him. I tried talking to him for years when I first felt him pulling away from me. I tried everything and he made me feel crazy for having a suspicion that something was going on. If y'all going to be Team Joe then I'm leaving," Fahayra tells the women.

"No one is Team Joe, Fah. We're just trying to make sure that you weighed out all of your options before going ahead with such a big life-altering decision," Thairys said.

"We support you no matter what your decision is," Kandi tells Fahayra.

"I get it but I'm tired of being the only one who sees how fucked this situation is and how it's not possible for to sweep it under the rug and move on like it never happened," Fahayra said.

Kandi nods.

"I get it," Kandi says.

"I know you'll figure it out and do what's best for you and your children," Catya says.

The waiter comes back with the ladies' food and drinks. "Enjoy your meals, ladies," The waiter said as he gently sets them on the table and walks away.

"Cheers to new beginning of Fahayra's life," Catya said.

"Cheers!" The ladies say as they laugh and clink their glasses.