Chapter Forty-Four

Chapter Forty-Four | Here Comes Quadruple

Date 📆 November 2023

Joe and Galina are parents again! Two weeks before Galina was due. She called Joe to meet her at the hospital as she had gone into labor. Fahayra stayed with the kids while Joe went to the hospital.

Around six in the evening, Joe called Fahayra to let her know that Galina had given birth to twin boys.

"Congratulations to you both," Fahayra said not sure what to say like her husband was calling her to tell her that he welcomed twin boys with another woman.

Fahayra felt weird but she chose to stay with him so she would have to get used to it. This must have been how Melanie felt in The Game when Janay had her and Derwin's son DJ on their wedding day.

Fahayra cleared her throat. "Did you guys name them yet?" Fahayra asked as she could tell the kids about their new baby brothers.

"Hendrix and Hudson," Joe answered.

"Okay, I'll let the kids know," Fahayra said.

"Thanks and I'll be home soon," Joe said.

"Okay," Fahayra said, ending the call.

Fahayra gathered the kids in the living room and told them about the arrival of their baby brothers and their names. The kids shared their excitement for their little brother before going back to doing whatever they were doing.

Fahayra got up and went to cook dinner before Joe got home and took over cooking the rest of the meal.

"You don't need to be on your feet," Joe told her.

Fahayra rolled her eyes.

"Joe, cooking isn't going to cause me any harm," Fahayra said.

"Yes, it will. It will cause stress then that will put you in early labor," Joe said.

"Whatever," Fahayra said.

Joe looks at her. "Are you okay?" Joe asked her as Fahayra had a pained expression on her face.

Fahayra nods.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Fahayra said, lying.

Joe turned off the stove and rushed to her side.

"How long?" Joe asked her.

Fahayra knew she couldn't hide it any longer.

"It only started a few minutes ago," Fahayra answered.

Joe frowned.

"You should have said something," Joe said.

"It could be nothing," Fahayra said.

"Let's go," Joe said.

Fahayra shakes her head no.

"No, it'll pass," Fahayra said, refusing to go to the hospital.

Joe rolled his eyes and picked her up before yelling for the kids. The kids came into the kitchen and Joe instructed them to get Fahayra's hospital bag and go to the car so he could drop them off at his parent's house on the way to the hospital.

"No one moves, it's just gas," Fahayra said.

Fahayra did not want to go to the hospital. She didn't want her babies sharing a birthday with Joe and Galina's babies. She didn't need another thing to share with Galina.

That may be petty of her but enough was enough. If she had to tie her legs together to prevent the babies from coming. Then she would do it.

"Stop being stubborn," Joe said.

"Sir, please don't make me curse you out in front of the kids," Fahayra said.

A couple of hours later, Fahayra had come to the revelation that she was surrounded by opps. From the doctor to her babies, who were born within 22 hours of Hendrix and Hudson.

Fahayra was in that hospital bed, staring daggers at Joe, who was on FaceTime with his cousins, telling them about Suney and Sienna.

Fahayra and Galina were both in the hospital at the very same time — even though Fahayra wasn't due for another two months and a half. But when she once got to the hospital, her water broke.

But once her labor was underway, she feared it wouldn't go quite as she planned. Fahayra had two more rounds of pushing to go until her doctor said, "You're going to have to have a C-section," She recalled and she was completely against it.

Joe tried to reason with her but Fahayra was stubborn. "No, they're coming out vaginally. You either tell that doctor to shut the fuck up about that C-section or I'm not pushing," She said.

Joe convinced the doctor to let Fahayra continue pushing and she delivered the Twins vaginally while glaring at the doctor.

"Y'all always trying to push C-section on people to meet your quota," She said.

Fahayra took a nap while Joe brought over Hendrix and Hudson to meet their little brother, Suney, and little sister, Sienna.

"You guys are only twenty-two hours apart so you could pass as quadruplets," Joe told the babies.

A nurse who was in the room gave Joe the craziest look ever before rushing out to inform the rest of the staff about the man who had two women in hospital rooms who were right next to each other with twins.

"That's crazy," One of the nurses said.