Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen | Forgive Not Forget It

Date 📆 June 2023

Fahayra was awakened by footsteps and the sound of her sons bursting into her bedroom, giggling, whispering to each other, and jumping onto the bed.

Fahayra smiled as she happily woke up as she caught her sons to lie down with her.

"Good morning, my babies," She said as she cuddles and kisses them.

"Is mommy up yet?" Joe yelled as he walked down the hallway entering the bedroom.

"I'm up," Fahayra answered.

Joe stands in the doorway.

"My parents are here," Joe tells Fahayra.

"This early for what?" She asked him.

"Your interview," He answered.

Fahayra rolled her eyes.

"Man, I'm not dealing with them today," She told him.

"They just want to apologize, they're not mad or anything," He said.

"Mommy, get up. Grandma made a big breakfast," Her oldest son said.

Fahayra sighed, knowing she can't avoid Joe's parents forever. She hadn't spoken to them since she beat up Galina at their house. They had tried reaching out to her, but Fahayra wanted nothing to do with them, especially since they knew from the start about Galina. But Patricia is a great cook so Fahayra was only going downstairs to eat.

"Well, that sounds nice," She said as she gets off the bed and goes to brush her teeth and wash her face.

"Come on, boys," Joe calls out to their sons to follow him back downstairs into the kitchen while Fahayra gets ready in her closet.

After a while, Fahayra heads downstairs and quickly shuffled into the kitchen. "Good morning, everyone," She greeted everyone seated at the large kitchen table.

"Good morning," Everyone greeted her.

"Fah, I already made you a plate," Joe tells her.

Fahayra nods and goes to sit down where Joe has her plate placed next to him.

"Thank you," Fahayra said to him.

Fahayra started eating, ignoring her in-laws' attempts at trying to talk to her. Joe sighed and placed a hand on her thigh to get her attention.

Fahayra looks up at him and removes his hand.

"What?" Fahayra asked him.

"They just want to talk to you," Joe replied.

"And they didn't talk to me when you were cheating on me for a whole fourteen years, so they don't get to talk to me now," Fahayra told him.

Joe decided not to say anything because he does not want to have this type of conversation in front of the children, they have already seen them fighting and arguing enough for a lifetime.

After breakfast, Fahayra walks around the house, trying to avoid Joe and his parents. Joe followed behind her, making sure she was not lifting anything too heavy. Fahayra rolled her eyes every time Joe snatched something out of her hands.

"I can carry that," She told him as she purses her lips at him.

"No, you can't, and stop avoiding my parents," He told her.

"I can do whatever I want," She said.

"Think about the kids," He said.

"What does me avoiding your parents have to do with our kids?" She asked him.

"Easy. They're going to think it's okay to do that to us," He answered.

Fahayra rolled her eyes. He was right.

"Fine, where are your parents now?" She asked him with a pout.

Joe smiled.

"In the living room," He answered.

"Let's get this over with," She said as she walks down the hallway with Joe into the living room. "Okay, Pat, Sika, let's have this conversation," She told them as she sits down.

"Fahayra, we sincerely want to apologize to you for our part in all of this. We shouldn't have kept Joe's affair a secret from you. We have treated you with more respect not only as his wife but as the mother of our grandchildren," Sika said.

"We honestly just wanted to protect your marriage and we thought he would end things with her and you would never find out. We could just all move on, you know. But that was wrong. I'm sorry. The whole family is sorry for what happened," Patricia said.

Fahayra nods.

"I accept your apologies but my relationship with your family will never be the same. I can forgive but I won't forget what has happened. I'm only moving forward for the sake of my children," She tells them.

Joe frowns.

"Fah, it's not their fault," He said.

"They enabled you, that's their fault," She said.