Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two | If The Shoe Fits

Date 📆 July 2023

Joe's kids

Khaila (May 2008)
Joelle (December 2008)
Karimah (February 2012)
Jairo and Jeremias (October 2016)
Kyanne (March 2018)
Fenix and Felix (June 2020)
Holt (August 2020)
Joe & Galina's unborn twins (November 2023)
Joe & Fahayra's unborn twins (2023/2024)

"Dad, up," Holt said as he got into the bed, sitting on his knees at his father's side. "Dad. Up!" Holt exclaimed.

Joe fought a smile as he pretended to still be asleep.

Joe kept up his act, shifting sleepily as the nearly three-year-old shook him. Holt used his hand to lift Joe's eyebrow and open his eye.

"Dad. Up!" Holt exclaimed.

Joe let out a chuckle, sitting up to pull Holt onto his lap.

"Morning, Holt," Joe said as he pressed a kiss to his head. "What are you doing up so early?" Joe asked as he looks at the clock on his nightstand.

"Hungry," Holt answered.

"Okay, let's go make some breakfast now," Joe told Holt.

Holt gifted him a smile, his dimples showing.

Joe stood from the bed with Holt in his arm, carrying him out of the room. Fahayra was coming out of her bedroom when they left the room, he looked at her with a smirk.

"What are you doing up?" Joe asked Fahayra.

"Hungry," Fahayra answered.

He licked his lips, raising an eyebrow.

"Not you and Holt being hungry at five in the morning," He said, laughing. "Come on, I'll make y'all some breakfast," He added.

Fahayra grinned as she walked over to them. "Good morning," She said as Joe grabs her hand and gave its backside a gentle kiss.

"Stop kissing my hand and go cook me some breakfast," She said as she pulled her hand away with a chuckle.

He pouted at the demand, heading to the kitchen.

Once in the kitchen, Joe sits Holt at the kitchen table while Fahayra walks over to the refrigerator.

It took Joe twenty-eight minutes to cook breakfast and place it on the table for her and Holt to eat.

"Took ya long enough," Fahayra said.

"You're welcome," Joe said as Holt and Fahayra started eating. "I'm going to work out," He told her.

Fahayra nods.

"Have fun," Fahayra said.

"Bye," Holt said.

Joe shakes his head as Fahayra laughed.

"You heard little man," Fahayra said.