Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six | Can We?

Date 📆 July 2023

"Kandi said if I record enough I could release an EP," Fahayra said on the phone with Seema.

"That's great. I'm glad you're doing something to release all of your emotions," Seema said.

"Yeah, I feel like I can think clearer now," Fahayra said.

Fahayra is in her closet when she hears a knock at her bedroom door. "Hold on, Seema," Fahayra said as she walked out of her closet to the bedroom door and unlocked it.

Opening it, Joe was standing there with a jumbo bouquet of red roses.

"What is this for?" Fahayra asked him with widened eyes.

"I'm so sorry! I'm sorry for everything you have endured because of me. I'm sorry, I hurt you and broke your trust. The biggest mistake I ever made was risking us, and what we have together. I know I was utterly wrong, and I promise you this will never happen again. You are the most valuable part of my life and I can't let go of you, the memories we share, and the future we imagined. I hope you can forgive me. If you give me a second chance to prove how much I love you, I won't let you down," Joe said.

"Seema, I'll talk to you later," Fahayra said.

"Girl!" Seema exclaimed with a sigh before ending the call.

"Joe," Fahayra said.

"Please forgive me for what I did to you. I know it's not easy. I truly am sorry for going behind your back and causing you so much pain. Love and trust don't come easy, and I still can't comprehend why I damaged them. I love you, darling. You gave me a token of trust that I did not deserve. But after all those beautiful memories we made together, I'm asking you, please, let's give this marriage another chance. I won't make you regret it. I will become the person who deserves it and deserves you," Joe said as he hands the red roses.

Fahayra frowns.

"Are you going to let me speak or not?" Fahayra asked him.

"Go ahead," He replied.

Fahayra rolls her eyes.

"Joe, roses and a speech isn't going to cut it with me. Fourteen years of lies can't be ignored with that. What I want from you is action. If I'm going to even think about possibly staying in this marriage, I need to know that I won't go through this again. I don't want to feel any resentment towards you, Joe, I'm demanding a lot of you because it's what I deserve," She told him.

"I'll do anything," He said.

"Then you can start by telling me the whole truth," She said, opening her door wider for him to come in. "Come in," She added.

Joe walks into the room.

"What do you want to know?" He asked her.

"You have fourteen years' worth of information to share with me," She answered.

"Are you sure you are ready for this?" He asked, he asked while sitting on the sofa in the bedroom.