Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five | Flatline

Date 📆 July 2023

"Fahayra, you're supposed to be on bed rest!"  Evodia said, shocked that Fahayra was on her doorstep.

"I know but I need someone to talk to, and you live the closest to me," Fahayra said.

Evodia lets her in the house.

"What's going on?" Evodia asked as she guides her up the stairs. "Come on, let's go upstairs to my bedroom," Evodia told her.

They walk into Evodia's master bedroom and climb onto the bed.

"What happened?" Evodia asked Fahayra.

Fahayra breaks down, crying.

"I just feel like I have given so much and I just don't see anything coming back when I am around Joe," Fahayra spoke out, taking a deep breath. "It's like I get slapped with his betrayal and specifically yesterday, Jemima and Dwayne came over and I guess tried to play therapist for us and Joe hurt me with some of the things he said," Fahayra added.

"I thought we were rebuilding in a genuine and it slapped me in my face and so it just kind of added up to the point where I needed to get out of the house today," Fahayra explained to Evodia.

"Let me ask you something, why are you still with Joe?" Evodia asked Fahayra.

"I'm still with him because I love him because I always imagined that I'd spend the rest of my life with him. And I keep thinking that I'm willing to forgive him," Fahayra answered.

"But it doesn't sound like you are willing to forgive him, Fahayra," Evodia said.

"Trust me, I am willing to forgive. He's the problem, I feel like he does not want to acknowledge it," Fahayra said.

"What more should he acknowledge, Fahayra? You know he cheated for fourteen years and has kids with the woman. What else are you going to find out? Is not in your home trying to make things right with you? What do you want from this man?" Evodia asked Fahayra.

"I've tried over and over again with him but I feel like something is not adding up, Evodia, I feel like something has been stolen from me," Fahaura explained.

"Listen if you're going to stay with him, then you need to understand that sometimes people do things they regret. Sometimes people deserve second chances. When you forgive somebody for something, you have to stop letting it affect how you treat that person. Do you understand me?" Evodia asked Fahayra.

Fahayra nods.

"And that doesn't mean you should forget the transgression completely, mind you. But you can't continue to hold it against them, especially if there is no suggestion that they might repeat the transgression. That's not forgiving somebody; that's being passive-aggressive. I know you love that man but you keep waiting for him to drop a bomb on you when there isn't one. He's not the problem, you are. You can't accept what he has done to you," Evodia said.

"I just don't think I should be eager to move forward, knowing what he is...was capable of doing," Fahayra said.

"Then leave him," Evodia said.