Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen | This Is Us

Date 📆 June 2023

"Once we get in there please stay with me at all times," Fahayra said as they entered the O2 Arena with Joe leading the way.

"Listen to your mother," Joe said without looking back.

"Yes, sir," Everyone says including Joelle and Holt.

Fahayra's eyes open wide at Joe like sir, we never even discussed what Joelle and Holt would call her and now you just gonna say that without a thought about what that means.

"See I told you, Joelle, you could call her mom too, stepmom is too weird to say," Karimah said.

Fahayra closed her eyes. Did the kids talk about this?

"Mom, can we go look for the uncle twins?" Karimah asked Fahayra.

Joe stopped walking.

"Oh so, you're not sticking with your father," Joe said to Karimah.

Karimah giggled.

"Now Dad, you know that I'm team USO all day and every day," Karimah said.

Joe pretended to be hurt by her words.

"Traitor," Joe said.

"Takes one to know one," Karimah muttered.

Joe shook his head.

"You are your mother's twin," Joe told Karimah.

Fahayra giggles.

"Okay, you're quick with it," Fahayra said as she high fives her daughter.

"Hey!" screamed a familiar voice that made Fahayra smile.

Fahayra turned around to see Ronda walking toward her, with her daughter in her arms.

"Ronda!" Fahayra squealed.

"Fahayra!" Ronda exclaimed.

Ronda and Fahayra were good friends. Having met years ago during a charity event, they bonded the moment they met. They genuinely liked each other and got on well, enjoying each other's company.

Recently, Ronda and Fahayra competed on Stars on Mars together.

"Hi, La'akea," Fahayra said as she hugged Ronda and rubbed La'akea's face.

"Hi," La'akea said to Fahayra.

"I'm so glad you came," Ronda said before greeting Joe and the kids.

"I'm so happy to be here," Fahayra said.

Ronda placed a hand on her baby bump.

"Look at your baby bump, Fah, I can't believe you're having twins again," Ronda said.

"Me either," Fahayra said with a chuckle.

Ronda looked at Joe before looking at Fahayra.

"Please tell me this is your last pregnancy, you know I'm waiting on you to get back in the ring," Ronda said.

"Yes, this is hopefully my last one, and I don't know if I'll ever get back in the ring, Ronda, don't get your hopes up," Fahayra said as she chuckled again.

Ronda pouts.

"La'akea tell Auntie Fahayra you want to see her in the ring again," Ronda tells her daughter.

La'akea looks at Fahayra and smiles.

"Fight!" La'akea screamed.

Fahayra shook her head with a laugh.

"I'm slightly convinced," Fahayra said.

"Hey, I'm gonna take the kids to my locker room. Why don't you go visit some of the girls with Ronda?" Joe suggested.

Ronda smiled.

"Oh yes, the girls will be so excited to see you, Fahayra," Ronda said.

"Okay, let's go," Fahayra said.

Fahayra followed Ronda to the locker room, waving to those who she passed. They entered the locker room and the girls who were there immediately surrounded Fahayra, taking turns hugging her.

"We missed you so much," Nattie said.

"I missed you guys too," Fahayra said.

"I can't believe you are about to have nine kids," Bianca said as she stared at Fahayra's baby bump.

"You can't believe... I can't believe it myself, I'm still in shock," Fahayra said as she placed a hand on her stomach.

"Does being here make you miss being in the ring?" Shayna asked Fahayra.

Fahayra took a deep breath.

"It brings back memories," Fahayra answered.

After chatting with the girls for a few more minutes, Fahayra went to Joe's locker room to check on the kids and make sure they were not driving Joe crazy.

But instead of finding Joe in the locker room with the kids. The kids were playing with Sefa.

"Where's Joe?" Fahayra asked Sefa.

"Meeting," Sefa answered.

Fahayra nods and takes a seat on the couch.

"So, how's your pregnancy been so far?" Sefa asked Fahayra.

"Normal, I'm finally done with morning sickness," Fahayra answered.

"That's good. Do you know what you're having?" He asked her.

"Yup, but you can't tell your cousin if I tell you," She replied.

"I promise, now what are you having?" He asked her as Joe walked in.

"What are y'all talking about?" Joe asked.

"Nothing," She answered.

Fahayra leaned over and whispered the genders in Sefa's ear.

"Really?" He asked her.

"Yup," She answered.