Chapter 10

Using my one towel I continue to squish my damp curls getting rid of the water and drying my hair. With that done I walk out of the bathroom and throw the now damp towel into my clothes hamper. Which means time to do laundry because wet towels smell awful. I inspect my sleepwear making sure nothing sticks too tightly anywhere. When I look up Conner is already looking at me.

"Oh no, you showered without me!"

"Shut up pervert" I snap back now noticing that he's got my guitar in his hands again. Pretending to shred it as usual. I roll my eyes at him, but I'm done correcting him.

"How ya feeling?" he lowers Will and stands suddenly focusing on me. My hearts races at this.

"I'm fine. You seem to be harassing Will again." I make a joke, and he lifts the guitar right back up doing a little head bang while pretending to pluck the chords. With his fingers! Doesn't even bother to grab the pick. After a second he looks back up at me to make sure I was actually enjoying his little show. I give him a laugh, and he takes it with a smile.

"He's my favorite roommate" he calls out. I give him a fake pout running a finger from my eyes down my cheek, signifying my tears.

"I hate you" I add even though it's the opposite of that really. Wait no not opposite. There's no love. I like him. It's a crush.

"Oh, well... that's not my favorite word to hear from you. Anyway now that you're finally out of your shower I was wondering if you wanted to go down to the common room and watch the movie that should be starting in... in a few minutes?" He check his phone for the time. His offer immediately creates a fluttering feeling in my heart. He was waiting for me? Like as in he wanted to go watch it with me. He could've just left. I mean I knew about the movie. Everybody knows that we have movies on Wednesdays.

"What movie?" I hold back from screaming yes over and over again. My answer is going to be yes, no matter the movie. Of course I want to go watch a movie with him.

"Goonies" a classic, perfect. I'll enjoy that because I haven't seen it in forever. Okay, maybe I should think this through. Am I going to go down there and is he going to immediately join his other buddies? I guess I can ask. There's no harm in asking. Just don't come on too strong. Seem hesitant and maybe that'll work.

"Oh sure... well are you going to ditch me because if so I think I'd rather just stay up here alone then be down there alone". Oh god! That sounded so rude, but I really didn't mean to! God I hope I didn't just make him angry with that. I look up at him waiting for his reaction. Thankfully, he just laughs.

"Yeah of course I'm gonna stick with you, but we need to get you some friends loser"

"I know, but that's why I have you. My bestest of friends" I tease while picking Will up off of his bed and putting him back in his case. I can't believe I'm calling my guitar Will.

"Just go down and get us some seats I'll be down in a bit I've got to change. I was too nervous. You were gonna come out of the bathroom as soon as I started strip. Didn't want to freak you out".

"Oh well thank you for being so considerate" I put a hand to my chest and bat my eyes as he rolls his at me, followed by him shooing me away.

I hurry down the stairs and claim part of the couch, making sure to save enough room for Connor. I can't stop myself as I smile at my hands.

I hope there aren't too many people tonight. I mean I definitely wouldn't mind if we are a little squished together. Some of the other couches were already filled up and some had made little beds on the floor I could never, but I've seen them do it more than once so they must like it. I'm actually surprised I got a couch, considering he said the movie was starting soon.