Chapter 26

My eyes flutter open and I groan to myself immediately cringing in pain. Within seconds the bed I am on dips as more weight is added to it.

"Good morning baby. I've got some tylenol and water. Some ice. Oh you poor thing" he is quickly babying me. I silently take the meds with the water before putting the ice on my cheek. He takes it right back and sets it on my cheek himself, holding it for me. 

"Did anything happen? Are you in trouble. I'm so sorry" I suck in a deep breath.

"No baby. Nothing happened you saved the day. I may have punched Troy, but he said it was okay and was too drunk to care." He explains. I huff about it before rubbing my face and immediately flinching at the pain.

"It hurts" I groan. Conner sighs taking the ice pack away before patting his lap. I shake my head.

"You know I can't" I tell him but he doesn't listen, pulling me towards him and just like that I'm straddling his lap. He places the ice pack on his shoulder and I take the hint resting my cheek on his shoulder. The ice seems to momentarily dull the pain.

"Don't you ever step in front of a punch again. You're suppose to be protected. I'm suppose to protect you. I'm so sorry I got distracted. Your first party! First time drinking. I failed" he apologies rubbing my back. Only then do I realize I'm in still in my sweater but my shorts had been pulled off.

"It's okay. I'm okay. I'll party with you again, but I'm not leaving your side. God I'm not ever leaving your side" I groan. He chuckles before rocking us back and forth.

"Glad I didn't scare you away from parties completely"

"Conner what happen to the one guy" I whisper and his grip tightens.

"He drunkenly got pushed into a wall. A concussion and can't play in the next few games" he murmurs kissing my cheek. My eyes go wide as I back away to just stare at the crazy man in front of me.

"That's so fucked up and crazy!" I practically yell. I immediately put my head back down on his shoulder with a muffled cry.

"My parents want to meet you bad. Mom wants you to come with me and stay with them for Christmas break... it there is no game this year. What do you think?" I freeze up.

"Meet me? Why would they want that? Didn't you say your dad is like really scary and mean? I can't do that I'll cry. He's going to give me the shovel talk and then I'll definitely cry. I can't." I can feel myself starting to freak out.

"Baby my mom adores you already. I won't let my dad be mean to you. Mom and I have already gave him a lecture. Yes he's mean, but he's not mean to people he cares about and he won't be mean to you because I love you too much" he tells me. I sigh relaxing onto the ice pack.

"I think I'm still drunk" I whisper making him laugh.

"That can you threw at Sasha's face was like straight vodka and you apparently drank like half of it. I wouldn't be surprised if you're still drunk" he laughs at me.

"Really? Oh no. That's not good at all. We've got to get on the plane today" I whine trying to get away from him. His hands hold me still and I just let myself fall back with a laugh. My back hits the bed and my thighs are pressed tightly against his sides. With that I put my arms over my head and close my eyes.

"The bed is so comfy" I cuddle into it more as hands crawl up my thighs and to my stomach where my sweater had crawled up.

"So soft" he murmurs. I laugh, I don't know why but I just wanted to laugh. His hands are so warm.

"You have really warm hands" I say it out loud, my brain finding it as some sort of compliment. Conner squeezes my side before leaning over to kiss my stomach.