FOURTY - THREE: v day

billie

"hey, billie. i'm onto something, just give me a week or so, looks like she has someone from the inside." i repeated that same voice message twenty times now. so there is something and my suspicions are confirmed and what does he mean by "she has someone from the inside."? what kind of inside are we talking about?

guess i'll find out in a week. it's her birthday today, but she's with her manager right now. it's all she's been doing actually, spending her time either in her manager's office or in her studio. i am not allowed in the studio anymore, per her manager's request. i tried not to make a big deal out of it cause i know how important this is to violet.

"hi nutter!" claudia attempted to mimic violet's accent as she came into the apartment.

"don't ever do that again." i warned, shaking my head.

"really? i was rehearsing that in my head since the moment i got in my car. thought it'd be funny." she frowned.

"that was just a very weak impression." i shrugged.

"alright captain, i'll do better next time captain." she saluted. "where do you want me captain?"

"are you in a sugar rush or something?" i questioned.

"just had coffee." she replied.

"of course you did." i sighed with a smile. "the cake is baking in the oven, the gift is still in the closet, violet hasn't talked to me all day so i don't know where she is, but i still haven't started making the frosting and i need to go get marshmallows from the store."

"okay, how about we start with trimming the flowers and putting them in the vase?" claudia nodded. "why isn't she answering?"

"that manager she just got is taking most of her time, even after work hours and i am trying to be understanding, but i miss her. plus can't she just pick up the phone and let me know something. i get that she's busy but all i'm asking for is a good morning, love you have a good day bye, takes less than thirty seconds." i checked on the cake and it was done. i grabbed the oven mits and took it out to cool down.

"then tell her that, she probably doesn't know how you might be feeling cause she's too caught up with her new career. she probably didn't mean to make you feel left out, she loves you too much to do that to you." claudia shook her head.

"whatever, i'm just worried that all i'm doing is for nothing and she won't show up." i flipped my hair.

"she'll show up, stop overthinking." she walked into my room, i assumed so she'd get the present and the wine. "this is nice, can i have it?" she inspected the wine bottle.

"no you can't, my girlfriend is my age again. she's not a year younger than me anymore." i snatched the bottle from her hand.

"when will you realize you you're only a month older? exactly a month older, you're on december 18 and she's on january 18, only one month billie." she lectured.

"it feels like a whole ass year that one month." i defended.

"i got the tissue paper for the gift." she held up the paper.

"hoora! just put it in the bag." i replied.

"you're gonna celebrate with violet with that bitchy ass mood?" she glared, but did what i told her to do.