FIFTY - THREE: aaliyah?

billie

"no eliza wanted that printed not digitally." i told liam as i got up to print it myself.

"emi i need something printed." i walked by her office. is printing stuff emi's job? no. but is it faster if she just does it for me cause i don't know how to work a printer? yes.

"have you really not got it from all the other times?" she asked as she printed the paper.

"emi i love you, but we both know i don't got it. if i do it would be in thirty minutes from now and by mistake." i replied.

"well there is you paper." she pointed at the paper i wanted.

"thank you, you're an angel." i went back to my desk and put the paper in the pile of papers eliza asked for.

"aaliyah what are you doing here?" i looked up and continued with my work.

"i think you've adopted this new thing since you came back from germany where you don't respond to anyone, so i asked your mom for your work address and here i am." she said.

"uh-oh it looks like you're getting a lecture." liam said as he also worked.

"well i'm sorry aaliyah but i busy doing my work for you bestie's first launched project as ceo." i replied.

"it's okay, i'll wait here. i have all day." she said.

"it's okay billie, i'll cover for you." liam said.

"no i'll pass, this is too much for just one person. i was planning on staying late, there is no way i'm going to throw this on you." i shook my head.

"yo back off, she's off limits." aaliyah told liam. kinda love that she did that, cause i kinda see what everyone has been warning me about.

"for fucks sake, take her give her to whoever you're saving her for. i don't want her, i do not have a crush on her." liam took it personally.

"aly he's frustrated, we've been working since eight." i sighed.

"that's not a problem, i'll help you guys out. come on put me to work." she stood up. i looked at her for a second, figured out she was actually serious so i started giving orders out.

"you see that pile of papers?" i pointed at the chair in front of liam's desk. "you have to figure out which ones are for eliza and which ones are for adler. then you have to sort the companies and firms out by looking at the logos at the bottom right corners."

"okay then!" she started working.

"billie could you please come for a second." eliza said through the phone voice thing. i went right over to her office and knocked the door.

"i've been meaning to ask you this." she started. "how did you even get involved with the ceo of the astor company that is based in london?"

"eliza i promise you if i knew, i would tell you, but i don't have an answer to your question." i said.

"you two ended in good terms?" no we did not end on good terms eliza.

"depends on what is your definition of good terms." i answered.

"did you talk to her at the party? did she send you foul looks or did you avoid each other? anything?" she questioned.

"i don't know how to answer that. i bumped into her and she asked if i was okay and i was, but i quickly left. then indra and i left early and the valet people weren't letting us go, without talking to me sadie came and talked to them then left." i answered.