Chapter 10

Asking Eunji to wait for her, Chaerin reluctantly followed Seonho to an empty classroom

Asking Eunji to wait for her, Chaerin reluctantly followed Seonho to an empty classroom. Closing the door, Chaerin turned around and crossed her arms.

"You only have 5 minutes so start talking" Chaerin said with a serious face even though she was shaking from the inside.

"Look Chaerin-ah, I wanted to say that I'm sorry, I never wanted to hurt you, those girls framed me, they wanted me to do that to you, they...."

"Stop!!" Chaerin yelled, cutting Seonho off before he could spit out anymore bullshit.   

"Really Seonho, you came up with a really good excuse, but hey, i don't believe you!  You were my best friend and the person I trusted the most. But when the-they tricked me, you just stood there doing absolutely nothing. You had a damned smile on your face while they tortured me.!" Chaerin said angrily.

Taking a deep breath, she took a step back and said a little more calmly "I still get nightmares from what you and your clique did to me. If you think I'm going to forgive you for that, you thought wrong."

"Chaerin, please hear me out. We were young and you know that those people would do anything to hurt us, you have to believe that I was framed. I didn't know that they would–" he was cut off as the door opened.

"Hey Chaerin-ah, oh you're here too, well anyway Eunji was looking for you she said some professor wanted to meet you" Jibeom said looking at the two of them who clearly looked like they were having an argument.

"Oh okay, thank you Jibeom, I'll go now" Chaerin said, walking away without looking back.

"What were you guys talking about ?" Jibeom asked as he walked towards Seonho.

"It's none of your business Jibeom." Seonho spat at Jibeom while walking away.

"Wait Seonho! Were you seriously talking about what happened two years ago? Do you really think she even wants to look at you anymore, much less forgive you?" Jibeom exclaimed, grabbing Seonho's arm as he was walking away.

"You don't know what happened so mind your own damn business Jibeom." Seonho yelled angrily, shaking his arm free from Jibeom's grip.

"Seriously, dude? Even if I wasn't there that day, I know how much you traumatised her. She couldn't bring herself to trust anyone after that because of you" Jibeom was getting really angry now.

"Get out Jibeom, stop annoying me." Seonho spat at him and walked away, ignoring everything that Jibeom just said.

Chaerin walked out of the classroom to find Eunji waiting for her infront of their lockers.

"Chaerin-ah, here, Mr.Choi asked me to give this to you, it's your assignment from last week." Eunji said, handing Cherin her assignment. "Oh, by the way, where were you? I couldn't find you anywhere." Eunji asked.

"I was with Seonho in class number 5, he had something to tell me." Chaerin replied, the both of them walking away to their next class for another long and boring lecture.

After 3 continuous lectures they were finally done for the day. "Woooh!! That was a lot to take in one day!" Chaerin exclaimed while yawning, making Eunji laugh.

"Hey, do you want to get some coffee with Jihoon, Seonho and me?" Eunji asked. "Sorry I'm not really in the mood for coffee right now. My parents are going to come visit tomorrow so I have to clean my apartment." Chaerin replied, making a guilty expression. She felt bad that Eunji had always made the effort to ask her to hangout but she had always declined.

"Oh, that's okay, I'm sure you're very busy as you just moved in. Next time then." Eunji said, grabbing on to Jihoon's outstretched hand. "Bye Chaerin!" Jihoon exclaimed while walking away with Eunji, "Byeee!" Chaerin replied, waving at the two of them.

________________________________________________________________________________

Seung-yeon was walking towards his favourite cafe to meet his friend Vernon who wanted to celebrate his newest comeback with him.

"Hey, Hyung over here!" Vernon shouted, waving his hand at Seung-yeon as he was unrecognisable with his black mask and black baseball hat  . "Hey!" Seungyeon ran up to the table he was seated at, they hadn't seen each other in a while due to both of their busy schedules.

The plan was that they would have coffee and snacks at a nice cafe and then walk along the Han river, plus the weather was amazing.

After fighting over who would pay, (Vernon won), they came to the Han river and sat behind a big tree where there were not many people.

"You really did it this time with the album. It's a total banger, even Woozi hyung really liked it." Vernon exclaimed. "Really, thank you I'm really glad you liked it. Woozi liking it makes me feel proud!" Seungyeon said cheekily, and the both of them laughed at the thought. They sat there and talked until the sun went down, just having a nice time together, not knowing when they'd get to meet like this again.

"Well, I have to go now, manager hyung is calling." Seung-yeon said as he stood up from his spot and looked down at his phone. "Alright then." Vernon replied, standing up from his own spot. They said bye to each other and walked away in opposite directions.

Seungyeon went to his company to practice the new choreography and after 4 hours of nonstop practice, he was too tired to do anything and went straight home.  

As soon as he entered his apartment, the  strong smell of food reminded him of just how hungry he was. He took off his shoes and rushed inside to engulf his mother into a hug. "Eww! You're so sweaty and disgusting. Go take a shower first" His mother scolded him.

With a pouty face he moved back and walked towards the bathroom, to take a shower. After he freshened up he sat with his mother in the kitchen to have dinner.

"Son, as I told you the other day, my best friend is coming tomorrow. I need you to come back early as we're going to have dinner with her and her daughter." His mother said while eating.

As soon as he heard that Seung-yeon started thinking of an excuse to skip the dinner, "But mom! I have a music show rehearsal tomorrow, and I still have to practice!" he replied, wishing that his mother would let him go.

"Don't be ridiculous, tomorrow is Sunday." Seungyeon mentally cursed himself for not thinking about that and looked up at his mother with a pleading face.

"Don't show me that face, you're going with me, or else don't talk to me." His mother scolded angrily. Seung-yeon knew he could not get out of this situation, he had to go now whether he liked it or not.