Chapter 18

"Oh eomma!" Chaerin picked up her moms call, she had been lying in bed all day because she wasn't feeling very good

"Chaerin-ah! How are you feeling now? I told you not to stay out in such cold weather!" Her mom scolded on the phone.

"Eomma!! I'm okay, It's just a little cold, It will be gone soon! Don't worry!" Chaerin exclaimed cheerfully, to make her mother not worry so much.

"Oh I can't believe you Chaerin-ah! You're not sleeping well, you're not eating well!" her mother sighed,

"Anyway I told Seungyeon's mom about your condition, she told me that Seungyeon has been away for a vacation with his friends so he wouldn't be back for a while. She invited you for dinner at her house, so don't argue with me, get ready quickly and go." Chaerin did not reply for a moment, she had to process what her mother had just told her.

"Eomma!! Why didn't you ask me first?" Chaerin whined to her mother on the phone.

"I knew you would say no, I had to take care of my daughter somehow! " Her mother said, she really was very worried for her daughter.

"I'm hanging up now, She invited you at 5pm, so go okay." Her mother ordered, and cut the call.

"Hello? Eomma!!!" Chaerin shouted on the phone, sighing when she realised her mother had really cut the call, exasperated, she threw her phone on her bed and put her pillow on her face.

"Is this a K-drama? Am I dreaming!!? I'm having dinner with Woodz's mom!!" Chaerin screamed into the pillow, as she replayed her conversation with her mom.

Sighing to herself, Chaerin got ready to go to Mrs Cho's house, choosing to wear comfortable yet elegant clothes. She took almost an hour to get ready, wanting to look her best.

"Chaerin-ah you got this!" Chaerin said to herself while looking into the mirror one last time, reminding herself that she wasn't eating with an ordinary person. It was Woodz's mother she was eating with.

As Chaerin reached the doorstep of their apartment, she couldn't help but feel a little nervous. But as soon as Mrs Cho opened the door, she was greeted with a warm smile that immediately put her at ease. "Oh Chaerin-ah you're here! Come on in!" she exclaimed, ushering Chaerin inside.

"Hello Mrs Cho! Thank you for inviting me!" Chaerin replied, feeling grateful for the invitation. "Oh child! It was my pleasure! Your mother said you weren't feeling good? Are you okay?" Mrs Cho asked, her eyes filled with concern.

Chaerin smiled reassuringly and said, "Oh yes! It was just a little cold!"

"Seungyeon is not at home, he'll be out for a couple of days so make yourself comfortable!" Mrs Cho informed her.

"Thank you so much!" Chaerin replied with a warm smile, feeling a little more relaxed now that she knew that she didn't have to face Woodz again. As Mrs Cho went inside to get something, Chaerin took a moment to look around and was amazed by what she saw.