Chapter 19

Chaerin and Yumi rushed inside Chaerin's apartment quickly after opening the gate

Chaerin and Yumi rushed inside Chaerin's apartment quickly after opening the gate. Yumi followed her friend eagerly, wondering what had gotten her so excited.

Both of them plopped down on the sofa, ready to hear the big news. Yumi's curiosity was piqued - she knew Chaerin was a huge fan of Woodz, but what could be so exciting that Chaerin was beaming from ear to ear?

With a huge grin, Chaerin leaned in and said,

"You know how much I love Woodz, right?" Yumi nodded, trying to hide her disinterest, thinking it was just another fangirl moment. But then Chaerin revealed something that made Yumi's jaw drop:

"Well, a few weeks ago, I met up with my mother's friend and her son, and it turns out that her son is Woodz! And guess what? They live in the same building as us!"

Chaerin squealed with delight, unable to contain her excitement any longer.

"Can you believe it?" she exclaimed, Yumi couldn't help but smile at her friend's enthusiasm.

"Wow, Chaerin!" she said, genuinely happy for her friend. The news was definitely worth the hype - Yumi knew that this was going to be a big deal for Chaerin.

"And today, I texted you about how I wasn't really well today." Yumi nodded, remembering that her friend had a very bad cold. Chaerin continued,

"My mom called and told me that Seungyeon's mom-"

"Ohhh, he's Seungyeon now huh?" Yuri interrupted Chaerin, wiggling her eyebrows and teasing her, Chaerin just smiled.

"Anyway, Mrs Cho invited me to dinner and it was supposed to be just me and her as Seungyeon had gone on a trip with his friends for 3-4 days, but he came back!" Chaerin said, her tone a little serious.

"Wait! So you were at their house!?" Yumi asked and Chaerin nodded excitedly.

The two girls gossiped sitting on the sofa for quite a while. Chaerin convinced Yumi to stay the night as it was too late for her to go back alone. They hadn't had a sleepover since Chaerin had gone to Japan. Feeling like two giddy teenage girls, they removed two mattresses and laid them down in the living room.

"Wahhh, my life's been a roller coaster recently!" Chaerin sighed, staring at the ceiling as Yumi layed down on her mattress next to her.

"That's good! Well, at least it's keeping you on your toes!" Yumi said jokingly.

"Haha right!" Chaerin replied, sarcastically.

Yumi's eyes widened as she suddenly got up to face Chaerin.

"So...Who is Woodz to you now?" she asked with a curious tone.

Chaerin's eyes sparkled as she thought about her favourite idol.

"Hmm....He's still a person who I really look up to," she said dreamily, "You know how people say that the people who you see on screen are not real and show the best version of themselves."