Chapter 12

Chaerin started walking towards her apartment; on her walk home, she was immersed in the music soon she reached home

She opened the gate, lazily removed her shoes and went straight towards her couch, where she laid like a sloth for the next 30 min.

Ring.............

Chaerin got a call while she was scrolling through her phone doing everything other than being productive.

"Eomma!" Chaerin whined on the phone.

"Well, someone is happy picking the call, Are you okay? You sound tired" Chaerin's mom asked feeling concerned.

"Oh no! Just exhausted from today's class I had a really long lecture that's all I'm fine mom!" Chaerin spoke carefully as she didn't want to say anything that was going to make her mother worry or the lifelong lectures of how her mother told her not to go to Korea alone would rise from the dead again.

"You should really take care of yourself young lady, you really don't look well...eat something okay, good thing I'm coming tomorrow because now I'm going to make sure you eat well before I Leave. Is that clear?" Her mother said.

"Okay mother!" Chaerin replied in an annoyed tone as she heard this a million times already since she came to Korea.

"Okay my flight is at 6 in the morning I'm going to hang up now. Your dad just got home."

"Yeah mom, you and dad should get some sleep. I'll call you in the morning bye!"

Saying their goodbyes, Chaerin got up from her couch and changed into some comfortable clothes. She wore a black sweatshirt and matching black trousers.
She vacuumed the entire house, kept her clothes folded, and began organizing her bed. Her stomach began to growl shortly after she had been cleaning for fifteen minutes, and as ramyeon was the only nourishing food she had in her kitchen, she decided to eat it.

After preparing her ramyeon, she sat down on her couch and started browsing through Netflix to find something to watch. She held the bowl in her hand and her chopsticks in her mouth. She began with her mukbang after deciding to watch THE GLORY S1.

After lying in that same position for two hours, she began to feel sleepy, and her eyes began to get heavy. She even had to get up early the next day because her parents were visiting.
She was overcome with excitement for tomorrow, and before long she was sound asleep.

In the morning....

Chaerin woke up annoyed by the alarm that would not budge.

She got up and the first thing she did was call her mom as it was 6, she remembered that her parents had to board the plane in a few minutes, after the call she hung up and went to take a quick shower... Soon after a long relaxing shower she took her time to get ready wore a light blue flared dress, dried her hair, did her skin care and after getting the necessary things headed out.

She was going to pick up her parents even though they asked her not to, but she insisted.

The airport was 3 hours away from her home, she had to leave now or else she would have to make her parents wait, she asked Yumi to come with her who happily agreed in going.

After a while waiting for the elevator, she got a text from Yumi that she was already down. In less than 3 min Chaerin met with Yumi and started their ride to the airport.

They were going to stop at Café Bene to energize themselves with some pleasant coffee.

Finally, they reached the airport, Chaerin checked the time of landing which to her surprise they just landed. She texted her dad that they were here.

Soon they came out and Chaerin ran to them and hugged her mom and dad tightly.

"Oh, I missed you so much mom and dad!" Chaerin said and smiled as she hugged them tightly.

"We too missed you darling; you got really thin didn't you! You really don't eat" Her mom annoyed but happy to see her child.

"Eomma!" She whined.

"Aww this reunion moment makes me want a hug." Yumi whined from the back and was pulled into the hug by Chaerin.

Yumi drived them back home...

"Yumi darling thank you so much for your help today! Are you coming upstairs?" Her mother thanked Yumi.

"Oh, aunty I would love to but work calls, if I stay my boss wouldn't be pleased about it" Yumi said.

"You should get going than."

"Yeah, Yumi you should go...call me once you get their bye!" Chaerin said while waving goodbyes Yumi drove off.

Chaerin and her parents went upstairs, soon after she and her parents got to her apartment, making themselves comfortable as the tiredness of the trip consumed them.

"Honey! An old friend of mine has invited you and me for dinner today your dad will not be going to join us because of work." Chaerin's mother exclaimed.

"Do I really have to come mom!?" Chaerin asked while making a baby face to have her mom convinced.

"Yes, and you should know that my friend has a son who's not that old and is around your age, you might even like him." Her mother said cheekily while winking.

"Eomma! I'm not going to date anyone right now I have to study!" Chaerin whined at her mother.

"Stop acting like a child it's your age to date, who will date you when you get old lady huh?" Her mother said.

"We'll leave at 8, look pretty, okay? And that's not a request it's an order" Her mother said while Chaerin nodded still disappointed at the fact that her mom once again won the argument.

7:00pm
After receiving a few reproaches from her mother, Chaerin got up from her study table to get ready for dinner.

She walked to her closet and selected a classy long pink dress to wear with white heels and a matching white purse. After taking a quick bath, she dried and straightened her hair because she intended to keep them open. Chaerin applied a light layer of makeup because she wasn't a huge admirer of it. Then she went outside, after checking herself in the mirror for the last time...

After reserving a taxi, they headed to the restaurant where they were scheduled to meet her mother's friend.
They arrived there at precisely eight.
Technically, it was among Seoul's priciest dining establishments. They were waiting in the private room; one the waiter had guided them to.
Once the door opened, Chaerin was greeted by a pretty young lady who seemed to be around her mother's age.

When Chaerin glanced at the man beside the pretty lady.....She was too stunned to speak or even make an expression! She just stood their without moving a muscle.

"WOODZ...!"