Chapter 26 : Brahmin's Identity

A few months passed again. Draupadi became busy guiding her sons to greater success. She remains busy most her day. Krishna still visits her whenever she needs him or just to meet her. They discuss politics, future. But none of them ever bring up Pandavas in their conversation.

Pandavas are still trying to figure out how the bond formed between their Panchali and an unknown Brahmin who is still unconscious. As Sahadev stays with Shrutasena, he has access to the library. I'm his surprise, he found his son also trying to figure this puzzle. He happy became his assistant in that.

Yudhisthir was a very helpful individual. Draupadi guids her sons into politics very carefully and cleverly. Yudhisthir and Draupadi plays a very important role in their education.

Bheem looks through the foreign administrations with Sutasoma. Nakul teaches Satanika about horses. Satanika is very intelligent. He learns whatever is sais to him quickly.

Arjun was happy to be around his sons. Two of them are the Apples of his eyes. Strangely Arjun didn't feel this strong affection for his other sons. As a father he isn't partial but he can't help his feelings as well.

Besides Arjun is around Draupadi the most. Learning about her, seeing her up close. She is so much familiar with his Madhav. Arjun figures they have a lot of common qualities. First both are two most beautiful people of the world no doubt. Second they both have an intoxicating smell from their body. His Madhav calls Panchali Krishnaa as well. They both sacrificed their happiness for greater goods and continues to do so. They might not seem like a warrior but before enemies their whole demeanor chances. They are simply....so divine...

Karn blinks as he wakes up. He looks around and the surrounding isn't his house. This is the forest either. Where is he? It took him some moments to remember everything. He is in Devapath. Draupadi....Shrutasena...Satanika...he fall sick....a voice calling him....

"You are awake, Brahmin Maharaj," a maid exclaimed.

"Quickly, inform Maharani and Rajkumars," a maid ran to inform Draupadi.

"How many days have passed?" Karn asks.

"Brahmin Maharaj you were in Coma for 7 months," the doctor informed.

Karn's head spinned. He was unconscious for so long?

"Maharani saved your life," the doctor says.

"What?" Karn asks barely.

"Maharani performed the soul ritual with you forming a bond with her to give you an essence of her soul. That's how you are alive," the doctor says checking his vitals.

Karn's eyes widened. What ritual? What connection? How did it happen? He looked at the doctor in surprised. How did the bond formed between them?

"Pranipath, Brahmin Maharaj," Draupadi enters the chamber and touches his feets.

Karn looked at her bewildered. She is here? Does she knows who he is! If she knew she wouldn't have treated him like this. Behind him was a eunuch who was frowning looking at him.

"How is he?" Draupadi enquires the doctor.

"Maharani, he was fed liquid foods all these months. Now he can eat solid foods to regain his strength. With a little rest he will be fine," the doctor says.

Draupadi turns at Karn, "Mahoday, where is your family? Let me inform them."

Karn looked at her. Years old wound resurfaced seeing her. Why is her hair open like this? Why doesn't she has Chudamani or auspicious jeweleries on her body? Why is she dressed so simply?

"Maharani...I...." Karn stuttered.

"Maa, please stay away from that imposter," Shrutkarma screams as he came inside with his brothers.