Chapter 34 : Marriage

Sahadev has been looking for some answers from the very first day. Even if he can see the future, his beloved maiden leaves him clueless. Her love leaves him baffled.

Few years ago, when he married this beautiful dream, things were so different then.

Sahadev is listening to Nakul attentively. Nakul is talking about something too lost in it.

"Don't you know anything more about the fire born Princess?" Sahadev asks.

Nakul looked at him shocked, "The most intelligent man in Aryavarta doesn't know? That's a news." Nakul's usual mocking is back.

"I feel such a strong pull towards the fire born, Nakul. I don't know why," Sahadev confessed to his twin.

Nakul became silent listening to it. After that like Nakul Sahadev also began to keep tabs about the fire born Princess. Why is he feeling like this? The beauty of Panchal Princess became an interesting topic for both men and women in entire Aryavarta. Nights went by him trying to picture how she looks, how she smiles. Do dimples appeare on her cheeks when she smiles? Are her hands and feet strained with altah as she rans around the palace? Does her hair swing freely on the air? Do the sound of her anklets ring her chamber? Sahadev wanted nothing more than to reach towards this beautiful mystery. If only he could fly to her balcony and talk with her all night! Words filled with love as he caresses her long hair.

During Varnavarta incident, while they were living in the forest, Ved Vyasa told them that Draupadi is born to marry Arjun. Sahadev felt like someone punched his gut. He looked down to not let his brothers see the heartbroken look of his especially his bhrata Arjun. His Bhrata Arjun was so happy that he lost his composter of maturity and grinned like a boy. Happiness evident on his face. Sahadev stood up and left the place. He sat near the shore. He looked at his hands whice were shaking. He felt sick. So, she will marry his bhrata Arjun and will be like his mother. How brutal fate can be!

When he arrived with his brothers in her swayamvar, his soul left his body on her first glance. The intoxicating fragnance of blue lotus filled his nostrils. His restless heart felt at home seeing her finally. Her blueish black hair stole his breath away. Such beautiful ocean blue orbs are not seen anywhere in Aryavarta. He felt the ground is feeling blessed at her footsteps. The wind is caressing her body with utmost care. The sun is pouring it's divinity on her whole body. Shaadev forgot every sense of his. He forgot she is going to be his sister in law. He just couldn't tear his gaze from her at all.

Of course his Bhrata Arjun won the swayamvar. As his Jyest and Bhrata Bheem walked at the front. Bhrata Arjun and now his wife Panchali walked together. He and Nakul were at the back. Sahadev's face lit up whenever Panchali lifted her head. But his face fell everytime because the shy look wasn't for him rather his bhrata Arjun was enjoying this walk of life. Suddenly Sahadev had a prophecy. Draupadi is standing with all of them in the middle as they stood beside her dressed as grooms. Sahadev took a deep breath. What did he just saw? Deciding not to dewel in it too much he focused on the rood ahead.

One sentence, few words changed his and his brothers life forever.

Sahadev, being the youngest, was the last to marry Draupadi. Bheem himself made him prepared. He felt Sahadev's nervousness.

"Sahadev, why are you so nervous?" Bheem teases.

"Bh...bhrata..." Sahadev stuttered.

"I bet even Panchali isn't this nervous," Nakul enters the chamber.

Sahadev started to feel awkward. They married her the previous days. Are they alright with this? Isn't she their wife now? How do they tolerate this?