010

They spent Christmas as usual, well it was usual for Jungwon, but for Hayun she was beaming a smile the whole day.

Even when her parents were around, she never really experienced a true christmas. Her mother was always working, every day of the year including christmas. So it was just her and her dad, she didn't have any siblings and knew none of her close relatives. All of her grandparents either passed away before she was born or when she was really young.

It felt like she was experiencing what she always dreamt of as a child, and she wished she could've told her younger self that things were going to get better.

Her mother passed away 8 years ago, due to overworking herself without consuming any food. Hayun wasn't very affected by her death, because her mother was never really present in her life.
However, her father was the only person she cared for. He worked 3 jobs to keep the two of them stable, but on the way home he died in a car crash when a drunk driver hit him.

It was painful. Lonely. And most of all, fearful. Hayun had nowhere to go, she spent every last day inside of her house treasuring it before the rent ran out.
When she saw Jungwon that day, it was like her father had sent him for her.

"Hayun it's your turn, put down your word!" Mrs Yang excitedly said, snapping her out of her deep thoughts

They were in the middle of a game of scrabble, and she blinked away the tears forming in her eyes and got her head back into the game and examined the letters in her tray.

She gasped suddenly as she realised the word she had among the 7 letters and eagerly put it down.

Hayun laid out the word MIRACLE as it and everyone else gave her a round of applause for using all 7 letters as she picked out her next 7

"wow! 61 points" Mrs Yang exclaimed as he wrote the number down on their game tally

"your turn next Jungwon!" Hayun said as he rested his chin on his hand as he thought deeply of what he could make . .

The continued to play various board games and ate the leftovers of lunch for dinner

"You wanna shower first?" Jungwon asked Hayun as they headed upstairs

"Sure" she said and took her pyjamas and other things into the bathroom and left Jungwon in his room alone

He laid on the bed, scrolling through social media looking at everyone's Christmas posts.

"Maybe.. I should post something?" Jungwon wondered to himself and look in his camera roll, they all included Hayun. He then thought of a story to make up of them being together on Christmas Eve and picked a few photos to post

———————————————————————
yang.jw
———————————————————————

jw———————————————————————