S3: E15 Eddie Begins

"Firefighter Diaz, do you copy?" Bobby spoke into the radio.

"Five by five, Cap. Over." Eddie smiled amused.

"Chimney, report." Bobby moved on.

"Read you loud and clear. I've got eyes on Hen, who I can already tell screwed up my coffee." Chimney walked over to Hen.

"Like hell. One cinnamon coconut macchiato with a quad shot, half pump of vanilla. And yes, my radios working just fine. Over." Hen gave Chimney his coffee.

"There's no cinnamon!" Chimney watched after Hen.

"Buck, sound off." Bobby smiled over at Y/N as she walked over.

"We have visitors, Cap." Buck looked over the side of the railing.

"Buck, the whole point of the test is to say it into the radio." Bobby looked over at Buck.

"We have visitors, Cap. Hey, did I pass? Over." Buck sighed in defeat as he talked into his radio.

"Close enough." Bobby watched as Eddie came over.

"Firefighter Buckley, you're an idiot. Over. Yep, mine works just fine." Y/N looked at Bobby who chuckled.

"Dad! Fi!" Christopher looked over at them as Carla pushed the pram.

"Hey, guys." Eddie smiled, taking Y/N's hand and walking over to them.

"Five alarm school emergency. He's supposed to tell Ms Flores today what he's presenting for show and tell on Friday." Carla smiled between the two.

"And so he suckered you into stopping here on the way." Eddie looked at Christopher as Y/N picked him up.

"You know I can't resist a cute face." Carla laughed at Eddie.

"Ah, so that's why you let Eddie get away with everything." Y/N smiled.

"And why she always buys you ice cream." Eddie gave Y/N a joking smile.

"Okay. Show and tell. I thought you were bringing in your new hamster." Eddie looked at Christopher in Y/N's arms.

"Oh, the new hamster is old news. Somebody was snooping in your closest." Carla handed Eddie a medal.

"Is that what I think it is?" Buck walked over looking at the medal as Y/N frowned watching Eddie.

"It's a silver star cause my Dad's a hero." Christopher smiled at Buck as Y/N put him down.

"We don't need jewellery to know that." Carla smiled at Christopher as Y/N went to the pram, smiling at the twins.

"Do you ever just wear it? Does he? I bet he does." Buck looked down at the twins.

"Never found an outfit to go with it." Eddie gave a forced smile.

"Ooh, if I had a medal, I would never take it off." Buck looked between them all.

"We know. You sure this is what you want to bring to school on Friday?" Eddie turned back to Christopher.

"And you so you can tell the story." Christopher looked at Y/N.

"Is that a story you can tell fourth graders?" Buck frowned at Eddie.

"Not really." Eddie avoided Y/N's gaze.

"Please, Dad. Please?" Christopher looked at Eddie pleadingly.

"Okay. I'll figure something out." Eddie nodded to Christopher.

"You promise?" Christopher glanced at Eddie.

"Yes, yes, I promise. You and me, Friday morning, telling appropriate for fourth grade war stories." Eddie watched Christopher as the bell went off.