S6: E11 In Another Life

Y/N had made her way through the streets of LA, with one place on her mind.
Y/N knocked on the door of the house, Margaret opened it.

"Maddie!" Margaret saw the look on Y/N's face.

Maddie walked over to the door, carrying Jee Yun and her face fell seeing the way Y/N watched them.

"Which one?" Maddies eyes filled with tears.

"Buck. It's Buck." Y/N watched Maddie with a frown.

"Oh my god." Margaret covered her mouth with her hand in shock.

"Are you okay?" Maddie looked at her concerned.

* At The Hospital *

"Dad!" Y/N led Maddie and her parents through the hospital.

"What do we know?" Maddie watched as Bobby and Chimney turned to them.

"Not much. He's alive. Critical condition. They had to put him in a medically induced coma to allow his body to rest and recover. Next 24 hours are gonna be crucial." Bobby looked at them.

"Oh, my God, Evan." Margaret looked through the window.

Y/N watched Buck through the window as they all talked about his condition, Bobby took Bucks parents to talk to the doctor as Maddie and Chimney talked.

"It's not your fault, Chim. It's nobody's fault. None of us knew it was going to happen and none of us are Zeus or Thor." Y/N turned to Chimney.

"I was supposed to go up the ladder." Chimney looked at her.

"No, you weren't. Look, the same people would have been affected whether it was you or Buck that went up. There is no scenario in which anyone got struck and it was okay. We all have families including each other." Y/N watched him.

"But only one of us got struck." Chimney shook his head.

"And we can't control what happened. So let's not focus on what happened, but what we can do from here. We can support and take care of each other. We can pray and do whatever we think will help him get better. Spread positive thoughts, stay healthy so we can take care of him. Listen to the doctors. But I know that Buck is going to be okay. We all are. Because he is stubborn, determined and he is a fighter. A survivor. And a miracle. None of us would be where we are today, without him. So, let's get rid of all the blame, guilt and negative thoughts and emotions. Instead, let's think about all the good times, the positive memories and every smile we shared with Buck. He's not going anywhere and he'll never forgive himself if we break down or fall apart without him." Y/N looked between Chimney and Maddie.

* With Buck *

"Chimney!" Buck pounded on the door in a rush.

"Can I help you?" Chimney opened the door with a confused frown.

"When you were in a coma after the car accident, do you remember if you had any dreams?" Buck watched him.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Chimney gave him a look.

"Oh, uh, right. You don't know me, here. Um, hi I'm Buck, we're friends." Buck smiled at him.

"And yet I've never seen you before." Chimney nodded his head.

"Look, I..I know I might sound crazy. I think I got hurt on the job and now I'm trapped in some kind of alternate universe, coma fever dream and I need your help." Buck tried desperately.

"Okay. Why don't you wait right here and I'll go call someone like the police?" Chimney started to close his door.

"Wait! I can prove that I know you!" Buck stared at the closed door.