Chapter 11- Nicolas

My nerves were high as I approached the front lawn with a male Beta beside me. Blood Alpha Cooper said he would open the portal, as he is already there, for us to walk through.

He didn't seem concerned about this pack accepting me. If her Pack wants a rejection, it may not matter what my mate and I decide. Pack Blood Alphas have the Alpha commands, and parents have the family bond to convince their children to do what they want. If they want me gone, I may not have a choice.

My thoughts jump to seeing the file on my strong, clever mate. I will never forget that day, as the fear and pain lasted over an hour. My family desperately tried to help me, but nothing could be done. My wolf and I screamed our heartbreak at what was happening to our mate. If she had died, we would have too. We were connected to her then as her wolf had reached out for comfort.

Reading what she went through brought it all to the surface, as the memories now had a story behind them. I was proud that she devised a plan so quickly to stop the Alphas but shed tears over her getting caught in the trap, too.

Sometimes, it was indeed a blessing to be part of the Mahani tribes. My wolf could lend comfort even though we had not met yet. I don't know if the human side felt it, but her wolf did.

My attention was pulled to the Alpha ring opening that had appeared a few steps away.

"Are you ready?" asked the Beta.

I could see Blood Alpha Cooper standing with two other men. I took a single step and then another. My anxiety battled with excitement until I finally reached the other side.

"This is the Blood Alpha of this pack and your mate's father. Put their scents in your memory," he commanded my wolf. I knew my eyes glowed as my wolf made his presence known, doing as told. "You will not shift until told otherwise."

My wolf nodded before returning control to me. I looked up at my mate's father and Blood Alpha.

"Thank you for allowing my tribe and myself on your land. May I ask what you are hoping the outcome is?" This was a common question, so I knew they wouldn't take offense to it.

"For my daughter to be happy," her father said.

"I agree," came from the Blood Alpha.

"As do we," Blood Alpha Cooper added. "Let's go meet your mate."

We walked into the woods, and within a few steps , I could see the open field with the structure in the center. Someone was inside. My mate!

I was the first out of the woods and headed straight for the structure. Since no one stopped me, I guess it was expected. I got to the opening, a plastic doorway, and entered.

I took a deep inhale, as did she. "MATE! MATE!" My wolf yelled in my head. I could feel my eyes glowing and was surprised he let me keep control.

"Mate," she said softly, her beautiful brown eyes glowing.

My wolf and I shared eyes as I took a few steps closer, but not close enough to touch.

"I can't believe it," I said. "I've searched so long."

"I'm sorry to say, I wasn't looking." She looked down for a moment as she paused her speech. "I knew I would be rejected, so I hid." I could see her composure was severely strained, and my wolf demanded I comfort her, and I wanted that too, but...

"Can I hold you, please?"

She was debating it with her wolf, and I couldn't tell who was winning. It took a minute or two, and then she stepped closer, and so did I. I held out my arms and leaned forward slowly, giving her the room to move away if she changed her mind. She didn't, and my arms circled her.

Oh, my Goddess! The feelings coursing through me were nothing I'd ever felt before. My arms and chest tingled where we touched. I held her lightly, then my arms tightened as she relaxed.

Her wolf put her nose right where my shoulder meets my neck. I stiffened momentarily, wondering if she could smell the Blood Alpha that attacked me yesterday. The Omegas told me the scent was gone, and the bite was healed -- I checked this morning, but logic doesn't work when you are scared. And right now, I'm close to terrified that she will reject me.

My wolf let out a frightened whine, and her head shot up, pulling her from me.

"Why is your wolf afraid?" She looked determined and...protective?

"Do I still have that person's scent on me from, uhm, yesterday?" My voice trailed off a bit at the end.

"Look at me." I did as told.

"You know that wasn't your fault, right?" My darling girl held my attention quickly and was trying to reassure me.

I brought my arms from around her to touch both sides of her face. The tingles felt so good.

Taking a deep breath, I made the most significant decision of my life.

"I, Nicolas Kelly, accept you..." I paused.

She didn't stop to think.

"Kayla Sinclair."

"Kayla Sinclair, as my true fated mate," I finished.

"I, Kayla Sinclair, accept you, Nicolas Kelly, as my true fated mate."

I leaned in and kissed my lady for the very first time. I felt the mate bond surge through the both of us, like a whipping wind going through our hair and clothing.

I suddenly felt more alive than I'd ever felt before. As I pulled back, her eyes met mine, and I could feel her presence in my mind. Her wolf curled up to mine. My smile couldn't get any wider.

Just as I leaned down for another kiss, I heard a voice in my head.

"Delta Four to Gamma One, fifty wolves are closing in. You are under attack."

*******

While it went easy, I left you with a cliffhanger! Don't be mad.
--April