Chapter 56 - Sam

Once I received the text from Alex, I tossed a ring in the air while concentrating on my son-in-law, Lachlan. My portal opened in the Interpack meeting room.

The shock on the faces of the six groups involved was expected. Alex wanted this done specifically, including them not knowing what was coming.

I understood his logic. He wanted them off balance until the story was told entirely. The reaction of Blood Alpha Kincaid was enough for me to agree.

"Our first order of business today is preventing the death of my Beta." His words brought everyone's eyes back to him. "Sam, could you explain from the beginning? Some of our younger soon-to-be Blood Alphas may not know this tale."

I took the time to straighten and nod to each pack represented.

"For those who don't know me, I am Mahani Blood Alpha Cooper, but please call me Sam. I was asked to explain these circumstances as jumping to conclusions could get people killed. Blood Alpha Sinclair wants everyone well-informed so this doesn't happen. Please bear with me as I recount this story for you."

After I received a nod from each reigning Blood Alpha, I continued.

"Seventeen years ago, we were contacted, asking to investigate a pack. We suspected the worst within hours, based on the origination of nine money transfers over the previous three years. We contacted the Council with our fears, and several demanded to come with us to inspect the pack." I then turned to Blood Alpha Killian. "I remember you were visiting your Grandfather with your new Luna," I paused to nod to her, "and accompanied him."

"I did." He said roughly.

"The horror we found was undeniable, and the Council members executed every wolf involved on site, including the Blood Alpha." I paused to let that sink in.

"You're speaking of the Dommer pack." Blood Alpha Montross interjected with disdain dripping from his voice. Several others growled at the name.

"I am. Six children were rescued. The Council wanted them adopted out once they were medically cleared. They wanted these children to understand that packs were good people who usually protect and love each other.

"We went through the records in the Blood Alpha's safe and found the names of the nine children sold and who they went to. Five went to one person, three to another, and one to yet another.

"Three of my teams were created, and we tracked the first two buyers within a day. The first was a private group of four human men that would take one child for a weekend, rape, and torture it until it died. The five sent to them were all dead, and we turned our records over to the humans and got permission to execute.

"The second was to a single human who would keep the child alive for several months, also raping and torturing it. We found the last child sold still with him, alive. The Mahani kept that child and raised it. That human was also executed.

"The third was a trader. It took days to follow the trail to an elite ring that catered to the wealthy. It was more of a brothel-type atmosphere, with fifteen children in it, and they were conditioned to act typically for a certain type of fetish. The human group running it was executed, but the patron list was hidden well. Getting that list into the right hands took several years, but it was accomplished." They knew what I was saying, and I said no more on the subject.

"The original child was still alive and had been with them for three years. She was six when she was liberated. The Mahani kept and raised all the children rescued by these teams, now numbering sixteen. They all lived. Three became Mahani after they came of age, and twelve became Lone Wolves, half of which now work for TALE."

I took a break from talking for a moment, waiting for someone to do the math.

"That's only fifteen," came from a Luna. "What happened to the other child?"

"That would be Grace. She was the first child sold from the Dommer pack that survived three years. Within days, it became apparent that she was a Little. However, she was not an Omega. The Cooper Mahani power allowed me to see that. She was adopted by myself and my Luna and spent the next three years with a Gamma at her side, 24/7.

"She was nicknamed Elf and is very much loved by my tribe. As she grew up and worked through her memories, she would spend less time in subspace. However, she still needed constant attention and care, and as a Little, she has its power. By the time she came of age, she had cut it down to a few hours a day in subspace to stay sane. Elf has a master's degree in computers and is well-known as an excellent coder. She is what is termed a Made Little." I paused here only for effect. "And she is Lachlan's fated mate."

I waited for the rebuttals. It didn't take long.

"You smell fully mated by an Alpha." The Montross Blood Alpha stated.

I walked over and put my hand on Lachlan's shoulder, sending mild, calming vibes through him. "They are fully mated, with our blessing. Elf was not forced and was not in Little Subspace at the time. Lachlan takes excellent care of her. His protective nature is a perfect choice for her." I smiled down at him and removed my hand as I stepped away. "Elf's wolf is an Alpha; however, due to the feeding techniques used by her captives, she was malnourished during her growing years. We could never get her fully comfortable eating solid food, and her wolf is Omega-sized."

"Can we meet her? I would like to see her interact with Lachlan." This comment came from the only female Blood Alpha of this group. Her Lunus put his hand over hers as she spoke.

"Of course. Lachlan?" He looked over, and his eyes glowed after gaining permission from Alex. "I ask that you don't scare her. She can be skittish when all eyes are on her."

Grace was prepared and entered the room with Kayla. She was dressed normally, and her Little safely tucked away. She did have Charlie completely enclosed into a backpack in case she got upset, but the pack looked like the purses that are the current style.

Lachlan stood, and she walked to his side. Her size gave several of the people gathered pause.

"Hello," she said quietly.

"Hello," the Blood Alpha said like she was talking to a child. "Would you prefer Grace or Elf?"

"I like Elf," I mentioned her name but purposely called her Elf from then on, hoping they would do the same.

"It's nice to meet you, Elf. Are you happy here?" Another expected question.

"I am. I had thought if I ever met my mate, I would die. But my mate loves me so much and ensures I'm happy." She looked to Lachlan with pure love and joy. I could feel it flowing through her mate bond as I watched her emotions.

Lachlan looked at her the same way as he leaned down and kissed the top of her head with a side hug. She looked back to the female Blood Alpha that had asked the question.

"I'm satisfied. Anyone else?" She asked as she looked at the others. They all shook their heads.

"Well, I'll be on my way if my job is done. Any questions for me?" I made sure to look at each Blood Alpha and gave a nod. "Thank you for your time," I said, opening a ring and stepping out.

That went better than expected.

*******

The meeting is still ongoing. Part two is coming up... --April