Chapter 53 - Sam

I quickly put my hand over Killian's, sending powerful calming vibes when Keith's wolf yelled at him for growling. It only took a moment for him and the Elder to assess the situation with the she-wolf he had taken into his arms. Luna Samantha walked away behind them to make sure they were okay. Blood Alpha Killian didn't take long to turn back to the conversation that Keith interrupted.

"What do you mean fully mated? She is a Little!" His voice was angry but not loud.

"She spends well over half of her time in adult space, Killian. You have known her since the beginning. She only spends part of the day in subspace, and she can go the whole day when she is working." He believes her work involves computers. No one outside of the Mahani knows she is an Elemental. We managed to keep that a secret.

At that moment, everyone started cheering. When we looked over, Lachlan and Grace were sharing a very adult kiss, which proved my point.

"If he hurts her..." Killian did not need to finish his threat. We knew his thoughts.

I glanced around before turning back to the Blood Alpha and Elder. "Her wolf reached out to him after emerging. His wolf comforted her and helped keep her sane. He would never hurt her." My voice was whisper soft, but I knew they heard me.

"How is that possible?" The Elder asked as Killian digested what I said.

"She is my adopted daughter, and she's an Alpha."

They both accepted this statement as meaning she was given Basic Mahani powers. They didn't need to know she was born with them. Being an Alpha would add to that power.

"I will be keeping a close eye on her," Killian stated with finality. I was more than happy to end this conversation.

"I expected nothing less."

*******

The following morning, Nicolas informed me of the scent changes on Grace and Lachlan. She was still in adult headspace, which was expected, but he recommended that she have some puppy and Little time before the day was done.

By lunchtime, the two had flown back, and we had everything set up. Brian and Jack are here, with their Lunas, ready and waiting.

I will need the extra power since we are not waiting until the full moon. With Leah and myself, the four of us should be able to handle it.

I'll need them again if Doc takes Duncan as a choice mate. Transferring Elemental powers is much more complicated than all the other ranks combined. In my records, it took two Blood Alpha's on a full moon. And even then, it was dangerous. In case we need another, I have the Blood Alpha Han of Asia on standby.

All the Mahani Blood Alphas know and love Grace. She has shared the programs she's created with the seven tribes, making their jobs more accessible and more efficient.

"Are we ready?" There will be no show for the spectators this time. We are concentrating on safety.

All three nodded to me as we stood in a square around the happy couple. I looked at Lachlan, but he only had eyes for his mate in his arms.

"Lachlan, are you ready?" His eyes never left hers as he answered.

"I'm ready."

Everyone's eyes glowed as we pulled our powers forward. All energy was being channeled through me, and I took the time to search deeper into Grace's DNA. All of the Blood Alphas could sense each step I took and each tweak I made.

"Here we go."

Once I had all the partitions ready, I took Lachlan's DNA chain and swapped out specific markers, giving him hers instead. First was the power to not be hurt by fire. Then, the ability to use the fire. I also changed the one that would allow him to come through an Alpha ring, being careful not to touch the one changing his wolf.

This process took about fifteen minutes, compared to the two minutes it took to do Nicolas and Kayla.

The power flowing through me from the others seemed to be slowing, and I knew we would all need to replenish before taking on anything else. We had every available fighter on alert, knowing we would be down for several hours after.

"It's done."

The power slowed to a stop as our mates came forward and led us to big chairs brought out to this meadow. Lachlan was on his knees but still conscious, showing his strength. Grace was still standing, holding his head in her hands.

Their eyes showed they were speaking, and I didn't interrupt them. Nor did I eavesdrop.

"Doc?" She knew what I was asking.

"All borders are secure. Holly is watching Sinclair pack while the other three Deltas have us covered. Nothing is moving." Her eyes never left Grace as she spoke.

I looked over, and Leah was snuggled into Daniel's arms. Brian and Jack were in oversized chairs, snuggled up to their mates. My own lovely girl was in my arms.

"Keep an eye on everything. I need a nap." I said lightly and got a few chuckles from everyone.

*******

It's been three days since we performed the transfer. Lachlan was given small to large tasks to practice until he mastered them.

Some were hilarious to watch as he figured out how to use her powers. He set several things aflame with a fireball blast when he only wanted a small flame. Grace was always beside him, showing him how through the mate bond.

I think she purposely messed him up a few times. Their wolves had to learn, too. Doc was in charge of that as she could take the blasts easily and not be hurt. Well, not hurt like we would be. She came out with a few burns that needed care but were healed within hours. I was surprised at how few stunts she pulled.

Currently, she and I are at the helipad, waiting on the arrival of Blood Alpha Duncan Kincaid. My daughter is pacing and fidgeting. These two have become close but still have one huge secret.

Lily and I decided to have him come here before going to the Sinclair pack to see Aubrey. We need to assess him and the situation before he can be told.

I watch his helicopter land, noting his profile and eyes glued on Doc. Once his feet are on the ground, he turns to me.

"Good day to you, Blood Alpha Cooper." He says stiffly. He obviously has had minimal contact with other Blood Alphas.

I hold out my hand as I respond. "Good day to you."

As his hand touches mine, I open my power fully. Several things hit at once. The pain of loss, excitement to meet my daughter, worry for his family -- and several more, but my instincts showed me what I truly needed to know.

He's a good man. Excellent.

"I believe you've met my daughter. And please, call me Sam."

*******

Sam always seems to be putting out fires of one sort or another (pun intended). -- April

The Mahani Wolves (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें