Chapter 45 - Keith

I know I must leave Aubrey to prepare for the ceremony, but I don't want to. Geddes had put her into a deep sleep that should last until morning, and an IV bag hung with a wolf-healing med mixed in. Even though she didn't know I was here, I wanted to stay by her side.

I heard and smelled my mom enter. She walked to the bed and ran her fingers through Audrey's hair before turning to me.

"She will be fine for the next two hours. Go get ready." It wasn't a request. I nodded and squeezed the young she-wolf's hand before releasing it completely.

I showered quickly and dressed in my finest suit before heading to the training grounds. They chose this area because of its lack of trees and many cameras so that they could televise to those working, both Sinclairs and Mahani.

On the closest field, chairs were set up, four deep, in a large circle around a podium with several open isles for people to enter and leave the area. Everything was decorated in a pale rose and silver, from the lights to the flowers. It was beautiful, and I was so happy for my sister, even though my wolf wanted to return to the infirmary.

I noticed several ring portals open in the outer fields. The other three training circles were empty and not decorated. That didn't make sense since this area was chosen because of those fields.

My attention was turned by the Mahani Blood Alpha entering with his daughters, Doc and Leah, the Luna, and another man I'd not met before. He was well guarded by two huge Alphas.

I wonder what that's about.

My Blood Alpha was walking toward the group, and seeing Lachlan and Grace there, too, I headed in that direction.

I stared at the three she-wolf sisters, all dressed identically in long sleeveless silver dresses, their hair in identical French braids with silver studs mixed in. They matched perfectly; their only difference was their hair color and height.

"This is Leah's mate, Daniel. I believe you know everyone else." Blood Alpha Cooper introduced the newcomer. "I've been told the couple is ready. We only have a few minutes if we could get people seated."

I was told the transfer must be done at a specific moment, so with a nod from Alex, I sent a group mindlink to be seated, that we were starting. Within a few minutes, everyone was ready, and soft music was played as Kayla and Nicolas walked hand in hand to the podium.

Nicolas was in a black, fitted tuxedo jacket in the newest style. Kayla looked stunning in a formal sleeveless gown, floor length and studded with jewels that twinkled from the lights around us. With her light brown hair, the rose gold color complemented her tanned skin. Their audience was left breathless by their beauty. 

The Blood Alphas of both Sinclair and Cooper were at the podium. The families were seated in the front row of the circle, while pack members and Mahani filled the other three. I glanced around, realizing there must be well over 100 people here. Blood Alpha Cooper cleared his throat before speaking.

"Welcome to all. We have come together to celebrate the love the Moon Goddess bestows on us when our wolf finds 'that one person.' That one person who compliments us to make us the best we can be—that one person who we will love forever, fated or choice. I ask you all to take a moment to understand that while fate can be cruel, it can also bring us great joy and that one person who completes us. We will begin by letting Kayla Sinclair-Kelly and her mate, Nicolas Kelly, recite their chosen prose to show their love and devotion for each other."

He motioned to my sister, who smiled at Nicolas before beginning.

"Hear me speak what's on my mind, and let me give this testimony,