Epilogue - Ben

I'm greeted happily by the guards at the gates. As I drive to the castle at the center of my pack lands, I think of all the videos and reports I've gotten from my son.

I'd never truly understood why the Moon Goddess involved our Kayla in the Wolf Camp Massacre. Now I find out the wolf she saved that day is my son's Luna.

Always a reason.

I'm waved to the front doors, and a guard offers to park my car and take my bags to my rooms. I expected nothing less. My son, Alex, has only been the Blood Alpha for less than two years. I reigned for a little over twenty-five.

An unfamiliar and rather bizarre sight greets me as I exit my vehicle. My son's second-in-command, walking forward to greet me, has a plaid wrapped around him as a baby sling. The she-wolves have done this for centuries, but seeing it on him has thrown me.

"Good day to you, and welcome home, Blood Alpha," he says as he shakes my hand and pulls me into a side hug. "You have a bit to catch up on." His laughter shows in his tone.

"Let's start with this," I say as I gesture to the plaid.

"She had a rough night after a mission, and I had work to do. Her Gamma recommended it."

At that, my nephew leaned forward and pulled a section back so I could see inside. It was a red wolf puppy who whined at the feel of the outside and probably my scent. He cooed and closed her back up, rubbing the bundle lightly. His eyes lit up for a moment before he smiled.

"Welcome home!" I looked away from the Beta to my brother and his mate, who had rushed out the door to greet me. "How was your trip?" My brother continues as I'm pulled into another side hug.

"Excellent. I've set up trade posts around the world with different packs. I'm starting to wonder if the trip was worth it, though," I turn my head back to his son before finishing my thought. "I seemed to have missed a lot."

My brother laughs as he glances over. "That you did."

"How is Kayla?" I asked seriously.

"She was back to torturing the kitchen staff within a week or so. Being near death didn't stop her from her duties." I saw the look behind the fading smile.

We almost lost her.

It didn't help that the Council found texts from Amber on that bastard's phone, updating him on anything happening with Kayla or Alex. Blood Alpha Sands had also caught her right after she mated into the pack, in the human town, and given Alpha commands to text daily, then erase them. The poor thing only knew what she was doing once the commands were removed.

"Hi, Dad."

My smile went wide as my son came forward to greet me with a full-on hug. Now, this feels like home. Over his shoulder, I look at the she-wolf dressed in warrior clothing. Her stance is that of an Alpha warrior, but she is a Gamma.

"Dad, this is my mate and Luna, Victoria." His voice drips with love, and I can't help but smile as my heart aches a little, thinking of my own Luna. I miss her so much.

"Good day to you, Blood Alpha," our new Luna says seriously, but I see the nervousness behind it.

"Call me Ben." I smiled as I approached her. "Or Dad."

*******

I spent several hours catching up with pack happenings with Alex before having a big dinner, where I met all of the new family.

My senses picked up the powerful Mahani Gamma before even meeting him. His children warmed up immediately once I started tickling Sydney. It felt wonderful to have pups in the castle again.