25 ♡ like a butterfly

"I'm sorry for being mean and making you cry."

- A

You stared down at the note, letting out a huff of annoyance. Even if Ares apologized, you weren't quite ready to forgive him. You weren't trying to be so sensitive, but he'd struck a nerve, and him constantly trying to oversee and influence every aspect of your life was incredibly frustrating. It didn't matter that you were descended from someone he cared about, it was still your life, your power, and your responsibility.

Mikael patted your back. "He said to leave it out there for you to see. Come on, you should hurry up now or you'll be late for school."

"Right. I'll be off, then."

You decided to push it to the back of your mind for now. There were more important things to think about anyways, like the exam you'd be having in just under a week. Aizawa had promised a field trip to the mountains, but if you failed either the written or practical exam, you wouldn't be allowed to go. The written exam wasn't too concerning, since you'd just have to buckle down and study, but the practical one was a mystery. You really wanted to go to the mountain lodge with everyone else.

"I'm so screwed!" Kaminari shrieked. "With the Sports Festival and the internships, I never stopped to study at all!"

Mina was laughing beside him, having seemingly given up hope. "Ha-ha, totally."

"It'll be okay," you reassured, placing a hand on the boy's shoulder. "You can do it, Kaminari-kun. You've still got plenty of time to study."

Kaminari stared at you with wide, glossy eyes. "[Name]-chan... you really think so? I'm... really stupid, you know. I've failed more tests than I can even keep track of."

"I'm sure you can," you smiled.

"A goddess! An angel! You're a goddess and an angel-"

"Shut your fucking mouth, drooly." Just as the boy was about to wrap his arms around you, Katsuki elbowed him out of the way. "It's too early for your bullshit," he muttered.

Kaminari rubbed at his sore arm. "Owie... looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, huh?"

"Eat shit. I just felt bad for [Name], having to deal with you acting so gross all the time." He looked over at you for a moment before angrily walking over to his desk.

"What-I-I don't act gross!" Kaminari protested. His eyes flickered to you for reassurance, "I don't act gross, do I... [Name]-chan?"

"Of course not. You're always really sweet."

The lightning-user's cheeks flushed with glee, and he let out an excited cheer before fist-bumping the air. Katsuki was still staring at the two of you from his desk, nose scrunched up in disgust. Kirishima made the mistake of walking over to him right at that moment and swiftly got himself yelled at.

"I wouldn't mind helping you out with the lessons," Yaoyorozu suggested. She was the top of the class in terms of grades, so she probably stood the best chance of helping tutor people. At her words, other students came wandering over to her desk, also requesting assistance with various materials.

"See, Kaminari-kun? You already have someone who's going to help you."

He glanced towards Yaoyorozu, then back to you. "I mean... you wouldn't want to tutor me, would you?"

"Hm? I guess I could, but I don't know if I'd be as good as her."

"Great! Then we can-" His eyes fell onto something near the back of the class, and he immediately shivered. "Actually, n-never mind," he chuckled nervously. "I'd probably be too distracted by you to focus anyways..."