63 ♡ humorous introduction

"Huh?" Izuku blinked. "You want me to introduce you to Sir Nighteye?"

You nodded eagerly. "Mhm. I realize I might be asking for a lot, but I kind of have my mind set on him. Do you think it'd be possible? The whole reason you want to work under him is because he used to be All Might's sidekick, right? So, maybe All Might could put in a good word for both of us."

"Well... I'm really not sure." He scratched his head while frowning. "When I tried to ask All Might about this earlier, he refused to do the introductions himself. Apparently, things have been awkward between the two of them ever since they split up. You know that guy we fought against a little while ago, Togata Mirio? He's Sir Nighteye's current apprentice, it seems like, so he's probably my best shot at getting in there. But why do you want to come with me? I thought for sure you'd go back to intern for Hawks again."

You strained a smile. You couldn't very well tell him that a literal god had shown you a concerning vision in the hopes of guiding your course of action, but you weren't willing to give up on this either. Especially if there was a little girl out there who desperately needed help.

"Sir Nighteye sounds cool," you said simply. "And I had a great time working under Hawks, but I feel like the more experience I get with different heroes, the better. Plus, this way, we get to do our internship together! I'd be lying if I said that wasn't part of the reason."

Izuku blushed a bit. "W-Well, I'd obviously like to work with you too. I can't promise anything, but maybe you could come with me when I go talk to Togata-senpai? We'll see what he has to say."

"Awesome! Thanks so much, Izuku-kun. I really appreciate it."

You proceeded to pull him into a hug, pleased that despite his obvious embarrassment, he leaned his head against your shoulder instead of just standing there stiff as a rock.

As it turned out, you didn't have to wait much longer to meet with Mirio. The next day, you found yourself in the same room as him, Izuku, and All Might.

Needless to say, Mirio looked surprised to see you.

"I heard that Midoriya was asking about Sir, but I wasn't expecting to run into you here, [Name]," he admitted. "Is it regarding the same thing? Potentially interning under Sir?"

"Yep!" you beamed. "I really want to give it a try. I hope it isn't too much to ask. I get that you're already interning for him, and if Izuku-kun and I both come along, that'll be two extra people to have to look after."

Like always, Mirio had a big smile strewn across his face. "I see," he nodded. "Well, I don't think the number is really of any concern. It genuinely depends on how Sir feels about the two of you. I don't really get why you're using me as a middleman, though. All Might, couldn't you contact Sir to ask him about this directly? I'm sure he'd be overjoyed! He's always watching your videos, you know."

All Might didn't respond for a while, but based on the way he folded his hands together and directed his gaze downwards, you could tell that there was something heavy weighing on his mind.

"To be perfectly honest, I just can't bring myself to face him," he said. "Because in the end... I became exactly what he warned me I would."

What's that supposed to mean?

From what you knew, Sir Nighteye's Quirk allowed him to look into the future to a certain extent. Did All Might mean that his former sidekick had warned him about something, but All Might hadn't heeded his words?

Whatever the case, it was probably none of your business.

"Anyways," All Might brushed off. "What do you think, Young Togata? Do you feel as if Sir would like these two?"