59 ♡ sowing the seeds

That very same evening, you overheard your classmates talking about something that piqued your interest.

"So... about the internships, will be really be okay even if we didn't make any connections?"

"What about the place you did your field training at? Think they'll take you back?"

"I'm not sure..."

Internships?

You hadn't realized that you would be getting another round of those. If that really was the case though, you were feeling pretty excited. It had been a while since you'd seen Hawks, and doing your internship with him and Tokoyami had been tons of fun. Perhaps you'd get to work with him again. You had a lot of respect for Hawks as a mentor, and it was an added bonus that you also enjoyed being around him as a person.

Your expression must have betrayed just how curious you were about the whole thing, because Iida cocked a brow at you.

"I can tell what you must be thinking," he remarked. "However, we were expressly forbidden from relaying any information to you while you're on your house arrest. All three of you, for that matter. These are the consequences for breaking the rules. Got that, Midoriya, Bakugou?"

Izuku let out a sigh but nodded his head in agreement. "Yeah, I guess that's only fair. Not like I can complain about it at this point..."

"Shut the hell up, you four-eyed prick," Katsuki gritted out, clearly irked by Iida's comment.

You couldn't blame the other students from withholding information, especially if that's what the teachers had instructed them to do. It felt a little crappy being left out of the loop like this, given that the new semester had just started, but Iida was right. There were bound to be consequences for your actions. You'd already accepted this outcome when you made the decision not to intervene in Izuku and Katsuki's fight.

Oh, well. Your house arrest was only for two days. You could hold out a little while longer.

Since you were done with cleaning and admittedly pretty spent after a rather boring chore-filled day, you trudged back towards your room, a small yawn slipping out of your lips. It wasn't too late, but you supposed there was nothing to lose by getting a bit of extra beauty sleep tonight.

Once you were done with your bedtime routine, you let out a blissful sigh and plopped into bed, but right as you did, your phone vibrated on the nightstand.

You'd been just about to mute it for the night, but you decided to check it one last time.

[Tamaki <3]

Hey, [Name]?

You're not sleeping yet, are you?

Clearly, checking your phone had been the right call.

[Name]

tamaki-kun!!!

yay omg!

i always get so excited whenever you text me :')

i was about to go to sleep, but i'm wide awake now!

[Tamaki <3]

Oh!

I'm sorry!

I hope I'm not bothering you...