32 ♡ no love

You didn't know how it had come to this. One moment you'd been shopping with your friends, and now there was a man gripping down on your throat, your life mere putty in his hands. It didn't make sense. Was it your fault, for being too trusting? No... it wasn't. You couldn't have known who he was, and you didn't want to live in a world that required you to doubt everyone you encountered. The reality was that both you and Izuku were just unlucky.

Nobody was to blame except him.

Shigaraki's fingers tightened, his thumb pressing into the back of your neck. "I think it goes without saying," he rasped, "but you better not try anything, pretty girl. I know how your Quirk works. You talk only when I ask you to talk. You may think you can use your powers to control me into doing as you wish, but I promise you that whatever you try, I'll react fast enough to turn you to dust. If I hear the slightest hint of you trying to command me with your Quirk, I kill you, understand?"

You nodded slowly.

"Good," he smiled, his hair scratching your cheek. "Now, Midoriya. Get over here. I'm not going to ask again."

Izuku's big green eyes were trembling like never before. You could see how torn he was. Between his instinct as a hero to alert the authorities and have the villain captured, but more than that-his instinct as your friend to do everything in his power to keep you alive.

Pale as a sheet, he walked over to you, and Shigaraki gestured with his chin toward a few vacant spots on one of the benches. He placed himself in between yourself and Izuku, with his other hand coming down to curl around the boy's wrist. Four fingers touching his skin, just like the ones wrapped around your throat.

Shigaraki chuckled. "I'm glad you guys are so quick on the uptake. Not only would I kill [Name], but I could easily kill about thirty other people here before getting captured, so I'd advise against doing anything stupid. Now that we're here, we can talk comfortably. Relaxed."

Relaxed. As if you could relax, knowing full well that even a suspicious breath might give him reason to bear down with all five fingers.

"To tell the truth," Shigaraki began, "I mostly hate everything, but the number one thing that's pissing me off right now is the Hero Killer."

Izuku craned his neck to the side. "Isn't he with you guys...?"

"I never agreed to him joining," Shigaraki scoffed. "But according to society, he's one of us. And that's the problem. Everyone seems to be going gaga over the damn Hero Killer. The U.A invasion, all of the Nomus we released in Hosu... everything's being overlooked because of that asshole. Why is nobody looking at me?" he gritted out, his fingers quivering slightly above your skin. "No matter how much he put himself up on a pedestal, in the end, he was just destroying what he didn't like, same as me. I just don't fucking get it. Between the two of us, what do you think the difference is? You go first, [Name]. And remember, only answer my question. Start saying anything else and I destroy you."

You didn't even dare to swallow. "I'm not... entirely sure," you mumbled. "I never faced the Hero Killer myself. I only heard things. It seemed like he was upset with the way society was structured, and that he believed heroes were posing as "fakes", but I don't know what standard he was really holding them to."

"Hm. And you, Midoriya?"

"What's the difference between you two...?" Izuku glanced over at you, brows furrowed. "I... neither understand you, nor do I accept you, whereas for the Hero Killer, I didn't accept him either, but I do understand him. For both me and the Hero Killer, we both started out by watching All Might, and back then, I was saved by him."