41 ♡ helpless little lamb

"Yay, the pretty girl's waking up!"

"She slept for a long time, huh? Didn't she want to get some more beauty rest?!"

"You're all so damn loud..."

Admittedly, everyone was being pretty loud. You'd just woken up from gods knows what sort of strange sedation they'd put you under, and your head was pounding like never before. You inhaled once, twice, then let out a deep sigh.

You were bound to a chair. Well, that much was to be expected, of course. Your arms and legs were tied to the chair with sturdy, leather-like material, and your hands were cuffed up, too. There was even a cloth spread out across your lips, fashioned tightly enough so that you couldn't speak coherently. You took a moment just to assess how you were feeling. You could see that your left arm had been bandaged up, albeit messily, but it appeared as though they'd given you some very basic first-aid to keep you from bleeding out and dying. How nice of them.

Next, you examined your surroundings. Just as you'd thought, Katsuki was right there, seated in a chair just beside your own. He'd gotten essentially the same treatment, except they hadn't muzzled him, which was ironic, considering his little display back at the Sports Festival. Still, the answer to this was obvious enough. They didn't want you using your Quirk, your voice, to try and thwart their plans. If that was the case...

They might be letting their guard down by thinking that.

Katsuki scrunched his brows at you. "Hey. You feeling okay?" You responded by rolling your eyes, and he quickly scowled. "Right—you can't talk. My bad. Just... don't try to do anything, alright? Let me handle this."

You shrugged your shoulders. Right now, you were more focused on biding your time, waiting for an opportunity to arise. There was no way the pros were just sitting by idly. That press conference that was on TV must've been a cover-up for their preparations to go in and rescue the two of you. Already, U.A's reputation had suffered. They absolutely couldn't allow something like this to pass. You were going to be rescued, that much you were sure of.

The only question was, when?

If you'd had some sort of estimate as to how long you'd been out, some general idea of where the villains' hideout was, then you could try and approximate just how long it would take to assemble a sufficiently large and proficient rescue force. But there were just too many variables, which made it near impossible to predict anything. You just needed to focus on stalling. You could do that. You were great at wasting people's time.

"So, [Name]'s come to." A familiar, raspy voice. You'd grown to hate that voice, and the man behind it. Even if you couldn't have possibly known any better, the thought that you'd actually shaken hands with him and acted all friendly and amicable made you want to throw up. Shigaraki was staring at you from atop his barstool, which he stepped off with slow, languid steps. "It's good to see you again," he chuckled. "How was your nap? Oh, right, you can't speak very well right now. I apologize for that. Everyone here is pretty scared of your Quirk, you know? Not me, of course, but I had to make my comrades feel comfortable."

"Leave her out of this," Katsuki snapped. "You wanted me, didn't you? Say what you have to say, then let her go."

Shigaraki stared at you with beady red eyes. "Hm? No, I wanted both of you. Leaving her behind would've been the wrong call. Her powers nearly ruined our entire operation. It was a good thing we captured her early on."

"Mfhmhph!"

Dabi scratched his neck. "I think she's trying to say something."

"She's soo pretty!" Toga shamelessly interrupted. The villainess pranced into the middle of the room, grinning as she twirled a knife between her fingers. "You looked so cute while you bled, [Name]-chan... your blood is one of the most beautiful kind I've ever seen! Unfortunately, Tomura-kun said we had to patch you up, but if I slice you up later, I'm sure you'd be even more—"