11. What a dick move

Peytons POV:

Holy shit, I kissed him! Holy shit, what did I do?

"I uh-I'm so sorry, Marcus." He kind of just shook his head and walked out....

My eyes welled up in tears. Why did he just walk out like that? Does he not like me? Does he hate me? Does my breath stink?

I put my hand up and smelled my breath. "It doesn't stink..."

Then there was a knock on the door, and someone walked in......

Marcus's POV:

She kissed me, and what did I do? I just walked out, and that's only because I'm confused about what I'm feeling right now.... My past relationships haven't been the best, but I know I shouldn't have just walked out, but I did. She probably hates me now.

I like her; I do. I just don't know if I'm ready to be in a relationship right now.

"Hey, Marcus, are you okay?" I hear Isabella ask me, but what am I going to say to her? Oh yeah, I'm fine, but I probably just broke your best friend's heart. But yeah, I'm fine.

"Marcus?" She looks at me, confused.

"Eh....I'm okay, I guess." She nods and puts a hand on my shoulder. "Did something happen?" She keeps talking.

"I'm sorry, Isabella. I'm not in the mood to talk right now; can you please leave me alone?" She pulled her hand back and nodded at me.

Isabella got up and walked into the room with Peyton.

Peytons POV:

Isabella walked in and said, "Peyton, what's wrong!?" She ran over to me and wiped off the tears that I hadn't noticed falling. "Nothing...don't worry"

I hiccup while speaking, "You're crying, Peyton, what happened?"

"We kissed," I said before I could stop myself. Her eyes widen. "Who? you and Marcus!?????!!!"

"No, me and Sebastian," she rolls her eyes, and she laughs, "I'm being serious."

"So am I." Her smile dropped after that. "No, you're not; you wouldn't kiss Sebastian." I started laughing.

"I'm just joking. Calm down." She pushes me. "Don't do that." I nodded.

"Why are you crying if you guys kissed? Isn't that a good thing...I mean, you like him, don't you?"

"Yeah, I like him, but I don't think he likes me." She looks at me confused again. The only reason I know she's confused is because she scrunches up her nose and tilts her head to the side ever so slightly. "What do you mean he doesn't like you? I'm confused; aren't you all always together and talking all day long at school?

I mean, she's right, but like, he walked out after I kissed him. He obviously doesn't feel the same way about me.

"After I kissed him," she screeches.

"You kissed him!? I thought he kissed you." I rolled my eyes. "Can you stop interrupting me?" She nods and says, "Yeah, yeah, sorry."