39 | Start

A/N | Just a warning I have NEVER been to therapy and therefore am not the best advocate for how it works but I have talked to a few friends that have been to therapy and will be using their experiences for this chapter along with future ones.

Of course it is changed quite a bit for the sake of the story and plot I still tried to make it realistic. Sorry if I failed at that in anyway but I hope you can still enjoy the chapter <3

I sighed, blankly staring down at the black combat boots Eze had given me to scout in. Surprisingly, we are really close in shoe size, so the boots are pretty comfortable. Anyway, it's been two and a half weeks since I made that deal with Ade and since then, two new rules have unfortunately been added to it.

Apparently, someone named Dr. Xzavier told him that putting me straight into the full eight to ten hour scouting schedule would be a bad idea, so now I'm stuck in some confusing half schedule that gets longer by thirty minutes every week.

Dr. Xzavier also advised that I only scout in human form; saying something about walking through the woods should help my nerves. As much as I hate the fact that I can't use my wolf to scout, he did have a point. My nerves have only gotten better since being forced to walk outside, plus once I start therapy, which is today, I can hopefully convince Ade to change my scouting rules.

"Luna." I look up at the closed bedroom door when the familiar voice of one of my scout mates sounds from the other side. Okay, so the way scouting in Sëenige pack works is fairly uncomplicated (if you're only looking at the teams that stay within the pack territory), Ade has three teams of five different warriors each do daily switch-offs (which means each team scouts two to three times a week), searching sections in with the unique orders given to them by Ade.

The five warriors in my scouting team are the same five warriors who accidentally walked up on me and Denzell in the clearing: three male wolves: Tayo, Mobo, and Ndulue, who prefers to go by just Lue, and two she-wolves: Chichima and Bolanile. They're all just as tall as any other wolf, which means they tower over me. Even Mobo (sixteen), who is a year younger than me, is at least two inches taller than me.

"Luna?" the voice calls again, snapping me out of my thoughts as I rush to open the door. "Sorry." I apologize, giving an awkward smile after being met with Mobo's serious expression. Mobo's let out an amused breath at my expression. "Good morning, Luna." he greeted, bowing with a wide, close-mouthed smile, the kind that always reminds me of just how young he is.

Despite him only being sixteen, he is the most respectful and mature teenager I have ever met, though that might just be him trying to make a good impression on his "Luna".

I still don't like being called by the Luna title, but I'm not as uncomfortable about it as I used to be. One day, when Ade eventually chooses a new mate to be his perfect Luna, they'll all learn the truth—that I'm not their Luna. Hopefully, I'll be long gone by then.

"Good morning." I finally greeted back. "Are you ready?" He questioned once he was out of his bowed position, nodding his head when I answered yes, before leading us down the stairs and towards the back entrance. As we made our way through the large house, I tried not to let my eyes wander too much because, even though my nerves have gotten better, I still get a little overwhelmed at the constant questioning stares and pitying looks.

I let out a quiet sigh of relief when we finally made it outside, immediately being greeted by Lue's booming voice. "There they are." He mused, his familiar wide smile already on full display before I could even meet his eyes. Lue is the definition of a teddy bear—intimidating to look at but completely soft on the inside.

Seriously though, he's about the same size as Ade and covered in both muscles and tattoos; His buzz cut doesn't do much when it comes to helping him look friendlier either.