002 - THE JUJUTSU HIGH

The tiny droplets splashed over the window of the car, while it sublimed through the collected rainwater. The cloud presented its anger with thundering while the rain cried in its fear. Then there, a tiny warmth of sunlight escaped between the thundering clouds, transforming the frightened tears into sparkling shades of seven colors.

You pressed your chin against your palm and observed every little detail with your eyes, completely thoughtless about your meeting at Jujutsu High, a place where you weren't supposed to enter, but fate brought upon you a contrasting future.

Looking back on your previous life, you had nothing much. Born into a poor family, your mom died while giving birth to you and your dad became a drunkard and gambler. He wasted all his money on gambling so you never got a chance for a proper education. Growing up was much more painful than being dead. When you grew up, you focused all your energy on working hard and earning enough money to run away from your dad and live a peaceful life with yourself. And one day, you accomplished that. You bought a new house and then left your dad to live peacefully. But your happiness didn't stay long. After working hours, you always used a bus to travel back to your room, so on a usual day you waited for the bus at the bus stand, but suddenly your dad showed up totally drunk and messy. He started arguing about how dare you leave him and didn't even bother to send him a part of your income. You refused to listen to him and decided to ignore him when he started to throw his hands on you and you slipped falling upon the road, your face being shined by the bright front light of the bus.

The bus which was supposed to carry you was upon you now.

"L/n-chan, we'll be there soon, Let me know if you need something" The blindfolded guy sitting in the driver's seat snapped you out of your thoughts. Satoru wanted to conform your safety and he has his own ways to do it.

"Ano....?" You gazed at him with confusion and sort of uneasiness.

"Gojo Satoru," He said while focusing on the road.

"Umm... Gojo-san?" You looked upon him with a sense of fear, collecting your courage to ask a very serious question "Can you actually drive properly with your blindfold upon your eyes"

Satoru laughed as soon as he heard about your curiosity, he thought of you as a funny and interesting girl. "L/n-chan isn't it too late to ask this?"

"I wanted to ask you this beforehand but I didn't dare as I thought it could be quite personal," You said looking down at your feet and asking something personal was a little bit embarrassing for you as you usually were least bothered with other people's business.

"It's nothing personal, maybe someday I'll tell you why. And yes, I can drive safer than any other guy with his eyes open" Satoru said facing himself toward you. You both gave a light mature chuckle to each other. Even if his eyes were covered, you could feel his gaze upon you all the time since you met him, which made you uncomfortable. Satoru didn't leave his gaze intentionally because your powers fascinated him, and the way you were always calm and grown up in difficult situations seemed attractive to him. But truth to be told it was only external for you.

Within a few minutes, the car stopped in front of the entrance of Jujutsu High where Satoru opened the gate for you handling the umbrella upon the both. The umbrella was relatively small, henceforth you two had to stick together to accommodate in. He was very tall in comparison to you, you barely reached his shoulders which was a little embarrassing but still you managed to hide those feelings and focused on following Satoru. Generally, Satoru is not a guy to be flustered easily, but surprisingly he was flustered with his skin being touched with you. He could smell your body scent, a mixture of vanilla bourbon and dripping caramel, with the faintness of coconut, cocoa, and macadamia nut. Saturo could only conclude that you smell as sweet and cute as you look.

"Here we are L/n-chan," Satoru said as he covered up his umbrella. You looked away from him and your eyes wandered off to capture the surroundings. It was already hushed as no one other than nature and rainfall was present and the structure of the building was very ancient, therefore it seemed mystical.

"Gojo-san I really don't wanna join the academy" You insisted, seeing him as the only hope to save you. You were of course curious about the fact that how could he know about your name and personal data but it was rather obvious, that you were under their surveillance after all your father was a soccerer, which made them suspect a new soccerer origin at our house.

"We won't kill you here," Satoru chuckled and continued "We'll only help you to enhance your power, and bring it together for a greater cause, and then you'll be able to save people"

"But I am not interested in saving people. I just want to lead a happy life with my mother" Whenever you think about her, it makes your heart at peace. You still were new to this world but having someone to love and care for you was a blessing, you developed an immense attachment to that woman.

"L/n-chan you have so much cursed energy, you can save lives" Satoru tried his very best to convince you, but on the other hand, you were very determined to relieve your life of your own will, selfishly. After all, you got this other chance with a family member who actually cares for you. These three months ever since you entered this dimension had been in confusion, but you cannot deny the fact that you weren't showered with love by your family.

"Just because I have powers, I am under no obligation to protect people. I have a right to live a normal life too" You were too committed to your facts.

"But Y/n L/n" Satoru called your full name which made your heart skip a beat upon his words "Will you be able to ignore this and live the rest of your life peacefully?"

You looked at his face, with hints of no answer over your face. You were disappointed, disappointed in yourself that you never self-reflected what you wanted deeply but rather decided the upper hand. Satoru was amazed by your thought's resemblance to his younger self. It made him more curious about you. He wanted a reply but he knew you were too young and you needed time to find a suitable answer for yourself so he decided to ignore this topic for now and perform all the formalities to join this academy.