-| Day 1: Hunted |-

AU: Remembrance (Can look in my AUs book for an explanation on it)

Context: The Cursed Ones have found out that Sabre knows about who they're looking for...

—————————————————————————————————————

[Sabre's POV]

Twigs and forest vines snapped under my feet as I ran through the trees. I can't let them get to me, especially not now. If they find me now, nobody will be able to do anything to stop them.

I hear them yelling in their grating voices as I dodge hanging plants and look for a place to hide. They're catching up, so I can't just stop and climb a tree or something to escape-

I feel a sting as an arrow whizzes by my head, making a small cut on my cheek. Something feels like bubbling, and I swipe my hand over the cut to see what. Mixed with my blood is a deep purple liquid that's boiling and already starting to sting my fingers. Still tipping their arrows with acid, I see.

I wipe off the acid and run faster. They'll do much worse if they actually catch me.

I make a sharp left turn, fallen leaves and bits of grass being kicked up as I switch directions and dart further into the woods. My shoulder hits a tree as I start running again, and a small piece of my sleeve rips off. Great. Now they'll know where I went.

The sounds of their yells and a few of them slipping on mud echoes behind me, and I internally thank Origin that it rained the previous night. It's been a long, long time since they've been out in the world, so they're not quite used to it yet. I'm hoping I can use that to my advantage to get them off my tail.

"You can't run forever!" A hoarse voice shouts behind me.

I turn around for a split second and see the general of the Cursed Ones. He must not have gotten tripped up by the mud like the others.

I turn back around and try to run even faster, his heavy footsteps starting to get closer. I hear another arrow coming at me and quickly dodge it, the general muttering a few words under his breath.

I need to lose him. Fast. And unluckily for him, I know these woods like the back of my hand.

I weave through a few gaps in the trees, making a right and heading towards a ravine on the outskirts of the forest. Jumping over and ducking under fallen logs as I run, I make sure to give the general as many obstacles as possible to slow him down. Soon enough, I don't hear him anymore. Doesn't mean I should stop, though.

I see the ravine that divides the forest and a plains biome start to appear in the distance. A few trees with long, dangling vines hang above the steep drop. I head towards it, aiming for the spot with the longest vines over it.

As I reach the edge, I jump, grasping the hanging plants. Using them as a rope, I swing across the ravine.

I hit the ground doing a roll so I don't get injured, and quickly spring back up, taking out the combat knife I keep on my belt. Before they swing back across, I cut the vines enough so that the Cursed Ones following me won't be able to use them. The cut vines fall down into the ravine, the parts that stayed connected to the trees swinging back, now useless.

I stand there for a moment, gripping my blade and catching my breath. After a while, I turn around and put my knife back into its sheath. Walking into the plains biome, I remember that there's a village not far from here. I could probably ask the people there for help to get back home, since the Cursed Ones chased me out of the village Time and I live in. I hope he-