-| Day 30: Culminate |-

Hey guys, hard to believe that tomorrow's the last prompt, huh? Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm gonna give entires until November 5th to still be eligible for winning the contest (look back to the rules chapter of you need a refresher on that part), and even if you don't finish by then I'll still look at any chapters posted after! Just won't be able to get the prize lol.

——

AU: Creators' Torment (Y'know how everybody creates AUs and all that and Sabre is a creator as well technically because of Origin? Well, in this AU Sabre and the Sky People have all become culminations of their work. Sabre more becomes a culmination of Elan's work, being mostly fantasy-related, but the Sky People have been turned into embodiments of their own works with AUs. Using some fellow writers for example, this AU's version of FCPrincessX would have a theme of fantasy and magic, or this version of DollVernZ would be themed after the wild and eldritch entities. You probably get the idea now, basically we're like biblically accurate angels except themed after our works. Sabre and the Sky People have been turned into these embodiments against their will as a result of a multiverse event, and Origin just so happens to notice that they're there once the dust settles. This leads to the Steves eventually finding them with Origin's help, and everybody tries to fix it.)

Context: This is when Origin finds everybody in their current states after the event.

—————————————————————————————————————

[Origin's POV]

My creator stood there, his distorted form levitating off the ground in this blinding abyss, surrounded by countless other aberrations that were once his people. Now, they are warped, teeming with odds and ends of other universes.

Sabre is ethereal, this unwanted form somehow rivaling my own power. Clouds of many colors swirl around him, a few of the extra pairs of arms and hands reaching out and grasping them, only for the multicolored mist to slip away from them. Wings seemingly made of mosaic glass had the light of the sun glow from them, casting rainbow beams around him. He no longer has his blindfold, the numerous eyes covering a blank void that used to be his face. Rings of golden, yet mist-like material gather around his head like halos.

The other beings have similar forms, but they all look different from each other. Some are refined and metallic. Some have the essence of the earth and life itself. Some have an arcane power mysterious to me radiating off of them. Some of them are... fragmented into many instances of themselves, the same voice quietly whispering over the others just like it. But only one thing stays a constant between all of them, all of these strange beings...

...They're all in pain.

I stay silent for a moment longer, before silencing my shock enough to answer.

"...Is there any way I can aid in fixing this?" I ask. "Surely, there must be some way to reverse this?"

Sabre's many eyes stare melancholily at me, his crowded form shifting a little as he shakes his head.

"𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌. 𝐼𝓉'𝓈 𝒹𝒾𝒻𝒻𝒾𝒸𝓊𝓁𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝓇𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝓁𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒... 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈." He says, his voice echoing. "𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝒾𝒻 𝒾𝓉 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓈𝑒𝒹. 𝐵𝓊𝓉, 𝓅𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒..."

Sabre looks around at all of the other beings around him. Their eyes stare at the two of us with curiosity, sadness, wistfulness...

Hope.

"𝒯𝓇𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓎. 𝐹𝑜𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝒾𝓇 𝓈𝒶𝓀𝑒𝓈." He continues. "𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝓊𝒻𝒻𝑒𝓇."

"But what about you?" I ask. "I will find a way to fix this, I swear to you. But don't you want to be back to normal as well?"

He's silent for a moment.

"...𝐼 𝓈𝓊𝓅𝓅𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝓌𝑒'𝓁𝓁 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝒾𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝓅𝑜𝓈𝓈𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓂𝑒. 𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝓅𝓊𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝒾𝓇 𝓈𝑜𝓁𝓊𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑒."

I start to protest, but even with all of the changes and additions, I suddenly recognize his expression. He's had this look every time one if his friends was about to do something risky or dangerous. Every time he wants them to make sure they'll come back. Every time it's not guaranteed they'll be there when the battle's over.

"𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒 𝓂𝑒." He says quietly. "𝒫𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒."

After a moment of internal debate, I take a deep breath and stare back.

"...I promise, Sabre." I reply. "I'll save them the same way you saved my people."

His eyes fill with tears, and his expression turns to gratitude. Before I can say anything else, lightning sounds around me, and he's sent me back to my dimension. My world.

...I know a way.

Even though I can't directly interfere with the other worlds and their creators, I know people who can.

I open a view above the Realm I love so dearly, filled with my creations. They've just finished rebuilding after the Curse was defeated, and their lives had returned to normalcy for a while. They honor Sabre like the hero he was.

I smile as I start to open a few rifts to the convergence of the multiverse, where my creator and his people are hidden.

"It's time we give back the gift of salvation."