Chapter 1: Farewell

Carrying the young samurai to shore with little to no difficulty, aside from a rising annoyance visible on the ascetic's face were to take note of. 

The ascetic made his way to a nearby beach in Sumeru, while masterfully controlling his Vision he decided to speed up and started to mumble in a hardly audible tone.

"Great--- now... can't finish--- report-- Air craft... submerged. Ha... this is really pathetic, everywhere I go I run into those fools under the Tsaritsa."

As if reminded by something unpleasant, the ascetic made a sour looking face and proceeded to look towards the nearing beach.

"I don't know if I should even call this tomfoolery a fate at this point anymore or is this just one of destiny's many jokes."

Finally reaching shore, the young samurai was dropped by the ascetic as if a large luggage were thrown away. 

Staring at the young samurai that looked barely alive, the ascetic dusted off his garments as he went closer towards the thrown 'luggage'.

***

As Beidou and the crew decided to dock at Liyue I decided that it was time I carry on with my travels, the destination being the origins of all waters, Fontaine.

I soon bid my farewells to the crew and Beidou in turn replied with a warm welcome.

"You're always welcome on the crew should you ever decide to travel the waters again and maybe even visit your hometown while you're at it haha!

Those welcoming words made me leave with a smile. If fate allows it, then maybe we would meet again as the goodbye this time is only temporary.

Thereafter...

Passing through Chenyu vale I made my way onwards to Fontaine. What greeted me in turn was the refreshing scent and breeze that came with it.

'Though the journey was arduous, the scenery that lay in wait was all worth it.' 

I thought to myself as I breathed in the surrounding breeze blowing in Fontaine, the origins of all waters.

Continuing my venture with only a sword on my person and a Vision behind me, letting the wind lead me and chart my destination was exciting in a sense.

....

..

While roaming with a Bulle fruit in hand I happened to get tangled with the Fatui. 

They then chased me to no end after they seemed to have noticed that I have a Vision on my person.

I thought I have succeeded in leading them astray by conjuring a whirlpool but it seems they still managed to catch up as their reinforcements arrived.

They kept attacking with their technology while pursuing persistently, the attacks weren't hard to stir clear from but a problem soon showed...

A loud sound entered my ears hindering me and causing my senses to be caught in disarray, my vision seemed to waver as I try to continue onwards.

The waters disturbed and without even as much as a chance to look back, I noticed the attack too late.

Just then, as if my body was screaming I felt a vibration deep within my heart. 

A force field wrapped around me, my Vision seemed to have reacted to the visible danger.

(AN: 'V'ision is their elemental Vision, while 'v'ision is their sight in literal sense.)

Afterwards...

What I could recall was seeing the waters beneath my feet, the cold wind caressing my face and an Aircraft falling. 

Everything felt light as though something was lifting me away from the calming and deep waters of Fontaine.

....

...

..