Chapter 12: Sabzeruz Festival (2)

***

Before nightfall came, we wandered about on the streets.

The place was loud, more than before.... Since it is that festival today...

Everything is not so bad, aside from the fact that the samurai had been tailing me for a while now.

'Gaping in awe at everything like it's his first time seeing such a sight, makes him look dumb.'

"One Candied Ajilenakh Nut and a Charcoal-Baked Ajilenakh Cake please" Snapping me out of my irk I heard the samurai buying food from a nearby stall.

Seemingly took notice of me staring, he made his way towards me while carrying those... sweets....

"Wanderer, Would you like some?" Smiling all innocently like he meant no harm made me instantly reply with a disgusted look visible on my face.

"Are you trying to poison me." After looking at the... sweets on his hands I turned to look at his face with caution and irk.

The disgustingly sweet aroma is too much for me to even bear going near him.

"Do you by chance not fancy sweets or confectionery?"

"Let me remind you, I have no need for food. Just that those things you're holding emits this disgustingly strong sugary scent that makes me dizzy by just having a whiff of it."

"I see... My apologies for the thoughtless conclusions."

"Don't tell me you think I'm the type that likes sweets just because of how I look."

"Yes that was what I shamelessly concluded on my own, I have no excuses." Seeing his resolute and apologetic face as he smiles, makes me feel all the more irritated.

Continuing my stroll and leaving behind that... samurai, I noticed that the blinding lights of this festival made it hard to see the dozens of stars shining over Teyvat.

"Huwaahh thank you mister from a far! you know, we normally don't accept food from strangers" Hearing a loud noise so suddenly made me flinch and turn towards its direction

"But since this is a festival, we can't refuse sweets!" I then saw the samurai giving away the treats he barely even touched.

"Guys show some pride! Thank you mister" The taller kid of the trio took the samurai's hand and shook it.

"No problem. I can't afford to eat too much of those anyway, lest to throw them away... it would be best I give them to you."

'Then why bother buying too much in the first place.' Looking at the scene one last time I decided to continue my stroll.

A sign entered my sight, it must be a bookstore....

"Welcome!" The clerk with blonde hair greeted me brightly, must be a part timer.

"..."

"Are you looking for something by any chance?"

"...Parchment and colorful ink."

"Oh yes, please wait a moment." The clerk shuffled towards the back door, the room seems to be a storage space.

'Where have I seen that face again...?' As I pondered the clerk questioned me.

"The one used for illustration right?"

"...yes." I answered as I turned towards the towering shelves of books, the wooden scent calmed my mind.

'Just like that place.' I then reminisced as I thought of a certain place that was once the past, now just a memory.

'And I guess that place as well'